Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

And if they did send me packing, and I didn't get another NBA job -- I'd just ride off into the sunset. 

Not the style of most coaches especially when you might be able to get another 50-75 mil.  

I actually like the fit. He’s probably 50/50 at best getting another coaching job in the NBA.  He may not like recruiting, but he was damn good at it. He isn’t exactly an xs and os genius but he had teams littered with NBA talent.  

If his agent demands 6/$60mil., a top funded NIL, and a GM type hire to basically coordinate all the nil, recruiting and transfers, UK would probably do that in a heart beat. 

37 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

This should be a wake up call and what to expect when IU does ultimately end up moving on from Woodson. 

This is why I am so frustrated we missed out on Dusty and Schertz. We probably could have had either one of those guys and likely will strike out on the "big" names just like UK is this season. Maybe Shrewsberry could still be an option, but maybe not.

11 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

It just occurred to me - imagine the angst around here if May were still available and was in "talks" with UK.  Yikes!

UK fans would riot if they hired him. It'd be like Greg Schiano at Tennessee 

2 minutes ago, kottke said:

This is why I am so frustrated we missed out on Dusty and Schertz. We probably could have had either one of those guys and likely will strike out on the "big" names just like UK is this season. Maybe Shrewsberry could still be an option, but maybe not.

I don't think Schertz is married to SLU. Very possible he's still auditioning for a bigger gig. Shrews and Schertz are both probably the proverbial favorites for the job opening whenever there's a vacancy and if we had made a move this year, I would have still preferred both of them over May. 

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I don't think Schertz is married to SLU. Very possible he's still auditioning for a bigger gig. Shrews and Schertz are both probably the proverbial favorites for the job opening whenever there's a vacancy and if we had made a move this year, I would have still preferred both of them over May. 

I think the fans would completely revolt if Shrewsberry was hired.  Would likely be worse than Archie.  I can't believe anyone would ever mention him.

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I think the fans would completely revolt if Shrewsberry was hired.  Would likely be worse than Archie.  I can't believe anyone would ever mention him.

I don't know much about him other than from what I've read he is "supposed' to be a good coach and great recruiter in the state. I've just seen him mentioned here from time to time as a possibility. I'm sure there are better candidates.

6 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

His personality is 10x that of Archie, has great connections to both this state and the NBA, and served under Stevens and Painter. 

22 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not gonna get the press conference they wanted, for sure, but I’m just convinced Miller would be a great fit. Better than Drew. I saw Donovan for the 1st time in an age the last time the Pacers played the Bulls and that dude looks used up. He needs a break. He sure as hell doesn’t need UK.

Miller seems like the best fit to me as well. Donovan looks like an old man.

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Agreed.  He's the only one with the personality for that job.

79120ea8-19a2-45e7-8ba9-a3216b4b5207-ArchieMillerHubers_4.jpeg

If I remember the deal correctly, when Archie got the IU job Cal, of course, gushed over the hire and said something along the lines of Archie being the perfect successor for him at UK but instead was going to build a monster here for 30 years. Tough to get that many things wrong in 1 sentence.

5 minutes ago, 12345Brad said:

I’m surprised Underwood hasn’t been linked to UK - yet. 

I have seen his name on lists of candidates -- pretty far down, though. 

I'd say in the third or fourth tier.

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have seen his name on lists of candidates -- pretty far down, though. 

I'd say in the third or fourth tier.

Gotcha thx.  I’m would think he’d be interested?  And seems like he would be a good fit there. 

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

His personality is 10x that of Archie, has great connections to both this state and the NBA, and served under Stevens and Painter. 

Yeah. Shrewsberry could very well turn out to be a lifer somewhere.

But he would still be a tough sell right now. He's just lost a lot of games over the past few years. I know he hasn't been anywhere that long, but that makes him unproven and for me, a reason to back off. 

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Yeah. Shrewsberry could very well turn out to be a lifer somewhere.

But he would still be a tough sell right now. He's just lost a lot of games over the past few years. I know he hasn't been anywhere that long, but that makes him unproven and for me, a reason to back off. 

He's been at two bottom of the barrel P5 jobs with below average talent. Has taken one of those teams to the tournament and won a game. Had a top 30 KenPom defense this year playing a bunch of true freshman and sophomores. Dude can coach. Just a matter of a bigger program buying in and letting him build.