Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

31 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Who is left? Donovan if he wants to leave the Bulls (or gets fired)? Pearl? Sean Miller? If they get down to Mark Pope (who I think is a good coach) Lexington will burn. 

Underwood?

8 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

They seem to want BillyD but I'm not sure a guy who is pushing 60, looks very old and tired, hasn't coached in college in almost a decade, and has zero NIL/portal experience is a great idea.

Donovan looks rough these days. He seems more ready to retire than jump into the pressure cooker that is UK basketball. 

Rupp Rafters is pure gold... freaking out about all the "name" coaches turning them down. "If Donovan turns us down, get Pearl" and such. Several posts stating that they'd rather have Calipari than Mark Pope. 

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/can-the-embarrassment-cease.412683/

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Mark Pope’s name is flying around now for the UK job per CBS

UK fans don’t deserve that guy. Good dude, or seems to be. Paid his dues. Incredibly fun offense to watch. Teams always achieve. And he’s gonna get crapped on by those creeps because he’s not gonna win the presser.

Kevin Boyle (Montverde's coach) has a son by the same name who is an assistant for him. 

Just for entertainment value... He is campaigning on twitter pretty hard for his dad to get the UK job lol.

Saying he would have a bunch of McDAA committing instantly and retweeting people saying its not such a wild idea. 

I find that particularly amusing because the Hurleys vs Boyles was a big NJ rivalry in the 2000s/2010s.

Boyle at St Patricks (Kyrie Irving, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, a bunch of others) vs. St. Anthonys and Bob Hurley was always standing room only. Bitter rivalry... those two did not like each other. 

St. Benedicts where Dan coached was in a different league entirely so never really played St. Patricks. Instead, they would sometimes scrimmage each other in the preseason to see where they stack up. Was once a topic of debate whether that was foolish of Boyle to essentially give Hurley an inside track on scouting his team via his son... that sort of thing never really matters much IMO. St. Patricks won against St. Anthony more than any other team... but it still wasn't too often as I recall, during the era I watched. 

The rumor was that those scrimmages got plenty chippy, including between the coaches at one point, which is when they stopped... lol

Kevin Boyle must be in his early 60s so I don't see it happening... but I can see why his son would be wishing for it :farting_smiley: