Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

9 hours ago, Scotty R said:

So coaches can't win either way because if you schedule better teams and lose they get roasted. You play a soft schedule but win you get roasted.

It is obvious that that at least last  year the committee put more emphasis on the metrics and rewarded beating bad teams by a lot. You shouldn't blame the coaches for taking taking advantage of this.  The pressure on coaches to make the tournament is so great they will do what it takes to get in.

Now you are finally getting there. Particularly with the last sentence. People criticize when you say you are coming to win championships and that Indiana should be playing the big schools and then get absolutely hammered, not just lose, but run off the court, by the big name schools and then fail to make the tournament.  Then, the very next year you drop all of those big name games and start gaming the quadrant system.  And why?  Because of your last sentence.  So we are in agreement.  This is a mediocre schedule designed to get Woodson the type of wins that are still gimmes but look good plugged into a computer because having Kansas, Arizona, UConn, etc. as guaranteed games didn't work out in his favor the past few years and helped lead him to miss the tournament.

I agree Scott.  We dumbed it down for Mike this year.  

6 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

My contention is simply that Northwestern wasn't even really on the bubble -- they were a 9 seed.

Beating the #1 overall seed was like having bonus points.  Even though they were home games they beat Purdue and Illinois at home. 2 teams that ended up going to the Elite 8.  5 wins against tourney quality teams.  They basically gave  them a pass for losing to Chicago St.   even if IU wins a Q1a game like you are saying that would have only been their 3 win against a tourney quality team.   They would have been closer to the cutline but still not enough in my eyes to move to the right side of the bubble unless that win was @Purdue or UConn.  

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

New Indiana repurposed on BTownBanners is lowkey making me despise my Alma mater.  And the QAnon references from them. lol. Same group for sure. Gross. 

They do use the same mis-information patterns. I don't think anyone here is smart enough to know they're using those patterns, but you can throw a political name in for Woodson, and it tracks the same. Sadly even if Coach Woodson wins big this season (and beyond), most of them will never allow themselves to change their mind on him. Nothing good will ever be to his credit and nothing bad will ever be anyone else's fault.

New Indiana repurposed on BTownBanners is lowkey making me despise my Alma mater.  And the QAnon references from them. lol. Same group for sure. Gross. 

So, show me the "burner accounts" and proof they're tied to the IU administration/coaching staff then.  Oops, you can't.  

Yes, GROSS lies by many Haters here. It's eerily similar to the Qanon BS for sure.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Now you are finally getting there. Particularly with the last sentence. People criticize when you say you are coming to win championships and that Indiana should be playing the big schools and then get absolutely hammered, not just lose, but run off the court, by the big name schools and then fail to make the tournament.  Then, the very next year you drop all of those big name games and start gaming the quadrant system.  And why?  Because of your last sentence.  So we are in agreement.  This is a mediocre schedule designed to get Woodson the type of wins that are still gimmes but look good plugged into a computer because having Kansas, Arizona, UConn, etc. as guaranteed games didn't work out in his favor the past few years and helped lead him to miss the tournament.

I agree Scott.  We dumbed it down for Mike this year.  

Do I think it is really good schedule no but I don't think it is bad either. I would say it is an average schedule that looks like a lot of power 5 teams schedule. No I don't think we dumb down the schedule because of the coaches abilities. 

They do use the same mis-information patterns. I don't think anyone here is smart enough to know they're using those patterns, but you can throw a political name in for Woodson, and it tracks the same. Sadly even if Coach Woodson wins big this season (and beyond), most of them will never allow themselves to change their mind on him. Nothing good will ever be to his credit and nothing bad will ever be anyone else's fault.

Naw… there’s plenty of blame to spread around the BoT, the administration, the entire athletics department and the men’s basketball program. This thing has been mismanaged from the last several years of the RMK era.

36 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

So, show me the "burner accounts" and proof they're tied to the IU administration/coaching staff then.  Oops, you can't.  

Yes, GROSS lies by many Haters here. It's eerily similar to the Qanon BS for sure.

Because besides Tyme, they aren’t Burners. They aren’t “tied” to some account. It’s a paid OP to try change the image of Mike Woodson by someone who wants to defend Mike Woodson. You can do the semantic trick all you want to defy the truth.  It is gross. I don’t even dislike Mike Woodson or necessarily what he is trying to do but the social media presence is beyond annoying.   Conflating QAnon into anything IU basketball related is a strange move. 

Because besides Tyme, they aren’t Burners. They aren’t “tied” to some account. It’s a paid OP to try change the image of Mike Woodson by someone who wants to defend Mike Woodson. You can do the semantic trick all you want to defy the truth.  It is gross. I don’t even dislike Mike Woodson or necessarily what he is trying to do but the social media presence is beyond annoying.   Conflating QAnon into anything IU basketball related is a strange move. 

Paid Op....bahahaha  Outlandish statements like that without receipts are typical of that movement.

Are you the BIG Q?

Again, provide proof. I'm interested.

You people are going a bit kooky with your conspiracy theories.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Am I the only one not upset about the schedule release? 3 games in the Battle 4 Atlantis and South Carolina. Good enough for me.

I'm not good or bad with it. It's fine.

6 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Paid Op....bahahaha 

Outlandish statements like that without receipts are typical of that movement.

Are you the BIG Q?

Again, provide proof.

You aren’t even an Indiana fan Shrek!

You expect me to find Paid receipts to a social media operation?  You didn’t respond to the Amplifier being used by Tyme that was mentioned yesterday. Call conspiracy BS all you want. 

I’m wise enough to put 2 and 2 together and iubb Twitter changed when Woodson lost the crowd. Defending/attacking with coordinated messaging. They surged for the transfer portal and have been pushing since.  

arguing with you is fruitless because you are just a defender and aren’t really looking for truth. 

6 minutes ago, PartyintheVillas said:

I'm not good or bad with it. It's fine.

It's adequate. Few tune-up games to start the season, fun preseason tournament with a mixture of good to elite teams, and we avoid a ton of cupcake/sub-300 opponents that drag down SOS in December leading up to conference season. Nobody has won a national title in November and December, schedule gives the team multiple chances at quality non-conference wins to pad the resume. I have no issues with it, nobody else should either. 

Just now, AH1971 said:

It's adequate. Few tune-up games to start the season, fun preseason tournament with a mixture of good to elite teams, and we avoid a ton of cupcake/sub-300 opponents that drag down SOS in December leading up to conference season. Nobody has won a national title in November and December, schedule gives the team multiple chances at quality non-conference wins to pad the resume. I have no issues with it, nobody else should either. 

If we make the final of the Bahamas tournament it will be decent/average for a Blueblood. If we don’t and depending on who we face it could be bad/awful. 

South Carolina IS not going to be who they were last year. 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If we make the final of the Bahamas tournament it will be decent/average for a Blueblood. If we don’t and depending on who we face it could be bad/awful. 

South Carolina IS not going to be who they were last year. 

Says who? You? South Carolina was predicted to finish  dead last place in the SEC last season FYI.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/sec-expert-picks-2023-24-predictions-projected-order-of-finish-overrated-and-underrated-teams-key-players/

40 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Do I think it is really good schedule no but I don't think it is bad either. I would say it is an average schedule that looks like a lot of power 5 teams schedule. No I don't think we dumb down the schedule because of the coaches abilities. 

Ok, we somewhat agree.  It is a softer, average schedule.  The type that prior coaches caught heat for and miaaing the types of teams the current coach indicated he wanted to play.

I think it was designed to take advantage of a flaw in NET because what Woodson said he wanted to do he hasn't been able to capitalize on.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The type that prior coaches caught heat for and miaaing the types of teams the current coach indicated he wanted to play.

Prior coaches routinely played 5, 6, sometimes even 7 sub 300 opponents in a single non-conference slate. This years schedule is nowhere close to that. I know teams like UNC-Greensboro, Winthrop, Sam Houston St don't jump off the screen but they are all significantly better than playing teams like Alcorn St, Mississippi Valley, Bethune Cookman, etc

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Prior coaches routinely played 5, 6, sometimes even 7 sub 300 opponents in a single non-conference slate. This years schedule is nowhere close to that. I know teams like UNC-Greensboro, Winthrop, Sam Houston St don't jump off the screen but they are all significantly better than playing teams like Alcorn St, Mississippi Valley, Bethune Cookman, etc

It is a switch in focus.  In the past we generally would play a team in the ACC challenge, a protected event, and then 1 or 2 other "name" teams and then fill out the rest of the schedule with bottom feeders.  What we did this go around is take out the "name" programs and remove a few of the sub 250 programs and replaced them with teams in the 150 range all at home.  So they are teams that look better to the computer but they are all teams that a good program beats by 15 to 20 at home (at worst).

To put another way, it is like being a 20 year old D1 college player slated to be a future pro and having the opportunity to play 1 on 1 against people.  You were playing 2 NBA guys and then 5 6th graders.  Now you are playing 6 15 year olds and an average college sophomore.  You removed all your true tests but technically have a "stronger" slate of opponents now.  Opponents you should beat handily.  

That's what we did.