Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

22 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I don’t get it when folks say he can’t coach.  I mean he can obviously. Even a mediocre coach can coach pretty well. Is he a good to great coach, well we haven’t seen that yet but he can coach. 

I think he just plays one on tv

2 hours ago, schoosier said:

Only when it comes to paying players. Wooden bagman was legendary kinda like Indiana’s NIL. Let’s see how many National Champs Woody hangs?

If I'm a betting man, unfortunately I would say zero.

Hope I'm wrong though. 

I believe the point is that he has competitive advantages being at IU that mean his record is buoyed by those resources which further negatively reflects on Woodsons coaching ability. In this day and age where our NIL budget dwarves other B1G programs a .500 record at IU is actually “below average” from a coaching standpoint given the massive resource advantage.
We have 6 million. I heard wisconsin has 2.5 million. My guess is minnesota doesn't even have 2 million given what I have read. Our advantage is massive.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Mods.....isn't it time to shut down this thread until a later time. It serves no real useful purpose.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Why don't you simply ignore this thread if you don't like it? I don't read news sites I don't like but I don't call for them to be banned

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Why don't you simply ignore this thread if you don't like it? I don't read news sites I don't like but I don't call for them to be banned

Exactly!

28 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Didn't say banned. You did.

Lock it down. Just like they did to the "Extend Coach Woodson" thread. Was that banned? Or, at least, move it off the main board. Beause it's always going to be a bumped top thread. There's a lot of emotionally low IQ posts here that keep it at the top.

Even what you don't watch on the "news" has a life cycle, or you quit watching all together.

Btw....Kyle says Hi

Thread is staying so either  deal with it or move on 

12 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Did you delete 2 of my posts yesterday?

No I didn’t delete anything.  Probably hid a bunch of irrelevant bait material.    As I just said thread is staying.    Deal with it or move on 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I must have missed some action in here today with live Spring sports season.  

Unfortunately, Woody has a ton to.prove at the collegiate level.  The basketball community at large views him as a middle at best power 5 coach or lower. Maybe that’s unfair but so far that’s what my eyes say.  

The beautiful thing is he has the resources and roster to prove his acumen or the opposite.  

I can tell ya for certain, I ain’t rooting against him.  Let’s blow the roof off this mother and win 30.  

I am not rooting against him either.  I will never root against the Hoosiers.  With this roster that MW and staff assembled, hats off to them, he’s going to have to prove he can win.  I think 2nd weekend, elite 8 preferred, and top w 2 in the B10.

I am not rooting against him either.  I will never root against the Hoosiers.  With this roster that MW and staff assembled, hats off to them, he’s going to have to prove he can win.  I think 2nd weekend, elite 8 preferred, and top w 2 in the B10.
Seven seed means he is doing his job.

Over the weekend, Fort Wayne hosted the Mad Anthony's Red Coat Gala, where the honorary awardees are given a red coat. Long time event that has raised significant money throughout the years for various charities. 

One of this year's honorees was Bishop Dwenger/Notre Dame/Bengals tight end, Tyler Eifert. In his comments, he mentioned that "there's always so much hype around ND every single year--we gotta find a way to get over that hump."

Guess IU basketball isn't the only ones facing the proverbial hump! coffee.gif.624438c8cb71872783800597ededbc84.gif