Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

So wait killed it in the offseason top class but expectations should be tempered? Shouldn't top classes expect to be top 4 seeds minimum in the ncaa?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I thought that’s basically what he is saying.  Offseason top class should be a higher seed, either a 1-3 seed is what Hoosierfan2017 is saying but instead the expectation pumpers are being a little bit conservative and it’s primarily because they don’t totally trust that MW can actually coach them correctly.  I am so glad I could clarify this for you, you are so welcome!  Let me know if I can help you again interpret what someone is saying in plain English!   I may just sleep good tonight knowing I helped someone challenged in the English language!  lol!

I thought that’s basically what he is saying.  Offseason top class should be a higher seed, either a 1-3 seed is what Hoosierfan2017 is saying but instead the expectation pumpers are being a little bit conservative and it’s primarily because they don’t totally trust that MW can actually coach them correctly.  I am so glad I could clarify this for you, you are so welcome!  Let me know if I can help you again interpret what someone is saying in plain English!   I may just sleep good tonight knowing I helped someone challenged in the English language!  lol!

Dah I am talking about the sunshine pumpers but thanks for all the sarcastic pills I am certain you will sleep better knowing you got me. I guess a cheap message board thrill for you. Lol.

7 hours ago, Hornsby said:

So wait killed it in the offseason top class but expectations should be tempered? Shouldn't top classes expect to be top 4 seeds minimum in the ncaa?

It’s the Btown Banners limbo.  How low can you set the bar.  

7 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Dah I am talking about the sunshine pumpers but thanks for all the sarcastic pills I am certain you will sleep better knowing you got me. I guess a cheap message board thrill for you. Lol.

Not really, I was just messing with you, hence the lol!  My bad.  It probably past my bedtime and get like that when I’m sleep deprived!  lol. Sorry!

Are we now saying there wasn’t social media accounts that popped up defending Woody? That’s a conspiracy theory? Some really odd behavior in the “Fire Mike Woodson” thread.

It was just the little green men from the other side of flat earth being directed by JFK Jr. and Mark Cuban. Get your tin foil hats for free right here at Btown Bummers.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

People that support Woodson are hedging their bets because they have all watched the same **** as us.  With the roster he has put together we should be thinking that we have a BIG title contender and a BIG title contender should be a team capable of doing things in March.

People are bringing up 5, 6, and 7 seeds because in the back of their mind they believe Mike Woodson is a net negative as a coach. 

Preseason projections for 2025 are up at Torvik, and updating regularly. Indiana currently ranks at 21. It's a huge jump from finishing last season at 83. If that holds, coming in at 21 on the S curve gets you... a 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament. That's from an objective ranking system based on roster alone. Mike Woodson as coach has nothing to do with it.

I really want IU basketball to compete successfully at the highest levels.  It would be great entertainment.

I appreciate the sharing of information and opinions on this and other sites.  I learn a lot from people.

This thread has been a bummer, though.

I do not mind people criticizing Coach Woodson's recruiting, on-court decisions, his focus, other related performances and communications.  It does bother me when people repeat themselves ad nauseum.  So I skip those postings, mostly.

But what I do not appreciate is the trend towards personal attacks.  The discontent pre-season in what just might be a great year is driving me to drinking.  Believe it or not.  Well, this and the oligarchy that the USA has become, and politics, and lack of empathy, and that damn rabbit that ate my just planted veggies, and...

Let's all be civil. 

Otherwise, I will personally stalk you and paint Purdoo Lover on your garage door.  Then two weeks later I will paint UK Lover on your house.  Be forewarned.  

By the way, what is the best brewery near Nashville IN?  And how was the Bill Monroe Bluegrass Festival this year?

Who is the better coach?  Mike Woodson or Indiana Fever coach Christie Sides…who is just horrible and any time she talks probably gives individual players and team as a whole a headache because nothing feverish ever happens.

Doesn’t matter. We’re stuck with Mike Woodson - good or bad. There are plenty of better coaches in many different sports and leagues. But he’s our guy. Can’t compare him to anyone because it doesn’t matter at this point.

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Preseason projections for 2025 are up at Torvik, and updating regularly. Indiana currently ranks at 21. It's a huge jump from finishing last season at 83. If that holds, coming in at 21 on the S curve gets you... a 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament. That's from an objective ranking system based on roster alone. Mike Woodson as coach has nothing to do with it.

That is pretty underwhelming. Obviously it’s just a projection but #21 and a 6 seed can’t be “the year” for Woodson. That isn’t exciting, that should be a very average year at IU, not the pinnacle 

52 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I really want IU basketball to compete successfully at the highest levels.  It would be great entertainment.

I appreciate the sharing of information and opinions on this and other sites.  I learn a lot from people.

I do not mind people criticizing Coach Woodson's recruiting, on-court decisions, his focus, other related performances and communications.  It does bother me when people repeat themselves ad nauseum.  So I skip those postings, mostly.

But what I do not appreciate is the trend towards personal attacks.  The discontent pre-season in what just might be a great year is driving me to drinking.  Believe it or not.  Well, this and the oligarchy that the USA has become, and politics, and lack of empathy, and that damn rabbit that ate my just planted veggies, and...

Let's all be civil. 

Otherwise, I will personally stalk you and paint Purdoo Lover on your garage door.  Then two weeks later I will paint UK Lover on your house.  Be forewarned.  

By the way, what is the best brewery near Nashville IN?  And how was the Bill Monroe Bluegrass Festival this year?

Good post Dave

The civility of posters on this board was the reason I joined this site several years ago,along with the informed participants That has eroded lately and many posters seem to prefer pissing matches.

Disagreements are one thing but the constant hijacking of threads gets old.

10 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Where are we pumping this sunshine, brother? I challenge anyone who thinks they can pump more sunshine than I can. 

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Let's all be civil. 

I like Zwanzigz and Hog Molly in Columbus.  And you most likely already know about Big Woods/Hard Truth in Nashville.

Good post Dave
The civility of posters on this board was the reason I joined this site several years ago,along with the informed participants That has eroded lately and many posters seem to prefer pissing matches.
Disagreements are one thing but the constant hijacking of threads gets old.
Some sleep better by calling others out I guess

5 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Where are we pumping this sunshine, brother? I challenge anyone who thinks they can pump more sunshine than I can. 

We could use you to come to the gulf coast and pump some sunshine. In the meantime hopefully the coach will retire after next year and put this thread to bed.

2 minutes ago, KNOBYDOX said:

We could use you to come to the gulf coast and pump some sunshine. In the meantime hopefully the coach will retire after next year and put this thread to bed.

That isn't very sunshine pumper of you! I have enjoyed multiple vacations to a couple different locations along the Gulf. 

It's kind of amazing to see people living in a fantasy land divorced from reality.
These message boards are fun but do people really get that upset over something that far out of your control?

We have a bottom half, at best, coach in the Big Ten conference. I can't change that and it doesn't affect my life. I do enjoy laughing at our decades of incompetence and watching the mental gymnastics attempting to make our program (administration/coaches) more than what they are.

It's kind of amazing to see people living in a fantasy land divorced from reality.
These message boards are fun but do people really get that upset over something that far out of your control?

We have a bottom half, at best, coach in the Big Ten conference. I can't change that and it doesn't affect my life. I do enjoy laughing at our decades of incompetence and watching the mental gymnastics attempting to make our program (administration/coaches) more than what they are.
I agree.

53 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Gee.  Thought Woodson's coaching record in the Big Ten was 44 - 33.   His teams were in the NCAAT two years out of three.  Last year was a bust...and that is on him for sure.  

That seems like maybe bottom of the top half over the last 3 years at worst.

Am I a Coach Woodson supporter?  I guess...for me the jury is still out.  But he is not yet proven to be a good coach.  Just slightly above average in the Big Ten.  That is not good enough.  But, I wouldn't fire him unless I had a blue-chip coach waiting.  And there are other things that I don't understand why he does them.  But he kept the players he wanted from last year and did really well in the portal.