Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Are you Bailey777 on Rivals? Man, take a Valium and give it a rest why don’t you? For all of us.

I often wonder what the user name of posters are on other message boards. Some might just be on this one only but lots aren't. A lot of time I recognize the tone and/or style but can't place the name or board. NGW is one of those I wonder about, he seems familiar.

I post here and HSN (although not recently) under go iu bb. Used to be on rivals under minneman but that board sucks so I don't go there anymore.

37 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Let’s say that before yesterday’s game and speech, the plan was that Woodson would not return next season. Does what Leal and Galloway said about Woodson saying they’ll only play for him and best coach in the country yada yada, have any affect on that decision? I would think not because of the whole “can’t let the prisoners run the asylum” thing, but how weird would it be to have Gallo and Leal announce they are back to “play for coach” and then he leave? So that’s what makes me think I’m sure he’ll be back…but then again, maybe it could be looked at like they were just saying their praises towards him as a coach/mentor and letting him know how much they appreciated him while he was here. Doubt it, but a way to look at it since there are still those out there that think this whole thing is a bit off. 

My son got home Saturday before flying down to FL for SB. He’s in one of the fraternities that Galloway likes to hang around. He (Galloway) signed a lease several weeks ago through the end of next year and apparently that was pretty common knowledge among some circles down there. I think both of those two were always going to be back regardless so long as a competitive NIL package was put together. 

I think both of those guys knew Woodson was going to be back and genuinely were letting everyone know to support him while he’s here because it isn’t changing. I took it that way at least.

I’ll be interested what happens if May going to back to back final fours. It would be like a Brad Stevens situation all over again.
Yeah even if he makes an elite 8 no way somebody doesn't him after that. He likely won't sit around waiting for the iu job cause Woodson could be here another three years.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

My son got home Saturday before flying down to FL for SB. He’s in one of the fraternities that Galloway likes to hang around. He (Galloway) signed a lease several weeks ago through the end of next year and apparently that was pretty common knowledge among some circles down there. I think both of those two were always going to be back regardless so long as a competitive NIL package was put together. 

I think both of those guys knew Woodson was going to be back and genuinely was letting everyone to know support him while he’s here because it isn’t changing. I took it that way at least.

You pay me enough and I'll spout the company line.  These players aren't stupid.  Money talks.  

1 hour ago, iubb said:

As I said last night, when people impinge on your character and say you hate your coach and will bolt the moment you can, I feel like they are justified in calling out the rumors for what they were... (BS) 

So professionalism and maturity.........? Your reasoning is playground behavior. "They said this, so I can say that". 

37 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

Last time… wait until next year. You think this is “melting down”, just wait. I honestly hope the staff and players are prepared. Lord help them if they lose a couple early in the season. And especially if Woodson strikes out in the portal. 

Yeah I can definitely see a Mike meltdown next season if we don't win big.  The "I am the coach" line really struck me as a man about to crack.  Reminded of that famous scene from Thrones.  If he really was a good coach he wouldn't have to announce that and the administration wouldn't have had to announce he's coming back.

3 minutes ago, mamasa said:

So professionalism and maturity.........? Your reasoning is playground behavior. "They said this, so I can say that". 

I see we will never agree on this, so lets just agree to disagree 

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Yeah I can definitely see a Mike meltdown next season if we don't win big.  The "I am the coach" line really struck me as a man about to crack.  Reminded of that famous scene from Thrones.  If he really was a good coach he wouldn't have to announce that and the administration wouldn't have had to announce he's coming back.

They had to announce he was coming back because of the idiotic  reporters who were spreading fake rumors about his job...

So they had to nip it in the butt 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Agree with @ap2345 100%.

Until there's an official announcement I still think there's a legit chance that Woody "retires on his own terms" after this season.

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe.gif

15 hours ago, Chris007 said:

So Mike Woodson said he done his job this season. So his job is to go 10-10 and not make the tournament. Or to get any recruits.

Your forgetting he has them playing as well as anyone now .  Don’t you believe? LOL 

He is such an arrogant man. I could not support IU for several years after they fired Knight. I am starting to have my doubts about supporting them especially since I am not a true fan. 
I love college basketball and watch a lot of games . I usually only get upset when I see how bad this team plays. I for one believe next year is going to be extremely ugly year for IU basketball. Good luck to the true fans there going to need it.

15 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

What Mike Woodson did these past 4 games was the equivalent of CJ Gunn becoming a dead eye 3 point shooter in several games this year when we were down 15+ with a minute to go.  Except CJ didn't jump on the scorers table after hitting them and pound his chest like he just hit "the shot".

And Woodson's teams have made a really bad habit of severely underperforming each year he has been here and then turning it on late in a few games to "gut past the adversity" so that they could brag on mediocrity.  The Big Ten absolutely sucks this year.  Going 10-10 in this league or making a "turn around" from 6-10 to 10-10 isn't some amazing feat.  It was hitting shots in junk time of a game you already lost.

Perfect explanation of Woody’s coaching tenure so far. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

Your forgetting he has them playing as well as anyone now .  Don’t you believe? LOL 

He is such an arrogant man. I could not support IU for several years after they fired Knight. I am starting to have my doubts about supporting them especially since I am not a true fan. 
I love college basketball and watch a lot of games . I usually only get upset when I see how bad this team plays. I for one believe next year is going to be extremely ugly year for IU basketball. Good luck to the true fans there going to need it.

I’m counting on Cig to pull off some miracles.   :)

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I lost a lot of respect for Leal last night. 

At first I was bothered by it, but then I remembered the way Woody acted during his speech. Who knows what kind of crap he's been spewing to the team behind closed doors? He could have been using this kind of "us against everyone else," including the "non-true" fans as fuel for the team for a while. Leal may have just been regurgitating all the crap he's been fed the past few weeks.