Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Matt Dougherty went 19-16 and got fired but unc is a serious program.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Geez that’s a terrible, credibility killing comparison.

The year Dougherty went 19-16 he was 6-10 in conference.

And the year before that Matt Dougherty was 8-20, 4-12 in conference.

Whereas Mike Woodson is 18-13, 10-10 in his worst year after two straight 20 win seasons and an NCAA 4 seed last year.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Why?

This win puts us on the bottom of the bracket away from Purdue. Two wins and 20-13, basically all the betting site analytics would give us like 70% chance to make the NCAA tournament. And the second game wouldn't be Purdue. Make the final and that goes up to like 90% with 21 wins. Not saying its super likely, but we have somehow played our way into a chance. When two weeks ago it was nil. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Whereas Mike Woodson is 18-13, 10-10 in his worst year after two straight 20 win seasons and an NCAA 4 seed last year.

I posted earlier some of the non-performance issues that also led to his firing 

And the year before that Matt made the sweet sixeteen. Not terrible comparison at all the big ten is god awful this year.

This win puts us on the bottom of the bracket away from Purdue. Two wins and 20-13, basically all the betting site analytics would give us like 70% chance to make the NCAA tournament. And the second game wouldn't be Purdue. Make the final and that goes up to like 90% with 21 wins. Not saying its super likely, but we have somehow played our way into a chance. When two weeks ago it was nil. 
Have not heard anyone mention the ncaa without winning the btt outright. You are the first one.

12 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

And the year before that Matt made the sweet sixeteen. Not terrible comparison at all the big ten is god awful this year.

Nonsense.

Dougherty t inherited a Final Four team, and in his first year he was 26-7 and made the round of 32.

His second year was an unmitigated disaster; 8-20.

His third year sucked too, and there was an open player revolt against Dougherty.

Comparing Woodson and IU to Dougherty and that era of UNC is laughable, ridiculous, and insults the intelligence of anyone who sees the facts.

Just stop.

5 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

This win puts us on the bottom of the bracket away from Purdue. Two wins and 20-13, basically all the betting site analytics would give us like 70% chance to make the NCAA tournament. And the second game wouldn't be Purdue. Make the final and that goes up to like 90% with 21 wins. Not saying it’s super likely, but we have somehow played our way into a chance. When two weeks ago it was nil. 

I think it takes winning the BTT to even think about the NCAA tournament 

Just now, Hornsby said:

Have not heard anyone mention the ncaa without winning the btt outright. You are the first one.

It's just conjecture on betting sites, but that would put us at 6-8 in Quad 1. For example, Nebraska would also have to win 2 in the BTT to get to 6-8. I thought it was crazy too, and I think our NET kills us, but the more I looked, i think there might be a path as crazy as that sounds. But I am just a moron on the internet.

7 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Our NET ranking is in the 90's. An at-large bid is gone. 

1 minute ago, hper50 said:

This Woody speech is so weird. It feels like a retirement speech (I wish)

I was thinking the same thing.  Hoping he ends it with this is my last year