Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Gonna laugh when all the wide open offense we saw the last two games when the seat was “hot” disappears. Foul trouble aside I’m guessing we play two centers again for 25+ minutes. We are not a blue blood, we are not serious, mediocre is the new normal. Get excited every so often making the tournament. I’m disgusted. 

17 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

When you say screwed, what do you mean? I’ll be honest I don’t remember Woody being even whispered last time, and he wouldn’t have been anywhere on my radar. When the “hire an IU guy” crowd got loud before Archie I assumed the only logical option was Alford if that was what people wanted.  In the resident under 40 crowd really my only thoughts about Woody before he was head coach were he took the Hawks to the playoffs and coached Carmelo. Genuinely curious, because as someone who didn’t see when Woody played his hiring felt sooooo far out of left field I didn’t really know what to think, and I am a huge NBA fan as well. Apologies for the stream of consciousness. 

Woody was very interested in the job before Miller was hired, and he had the backing of many basketball alums. Glass made him wait in the figurative lobby and generally treated him dismissively, and that pissed off the basketball guys and others royally. There’s more to that and the blow back was nasty, but that started a bunch of this. Woody is a good guy and whatever he’s shown as a coach, no one felt good about that and some hard feelings remained.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

There is a chance Osterman has been played athough he must feel incredibly confident in his source to break this kind of news,

I’m sure the conspiracy theorists will consider this to be another intentional story planted in the media. It’s all so complex to them!