Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

And? 

I don't think those guys are signing to play for Archie. If you think otherwise, that's fine. 

Everyone does understand the amount we JUST spent in NIL is a VERY good thing, regardless if Woodson EFFs it up this year. Right? We get that? That has to be sooo attractive for coaching prospects. 

I think most people understand how powerful that is and are excited by the prospect of what a good/great coach could do with that pot of money. I know the Archie comparisons are driven by what has been discussed in the thread, but ultimately they aren't that relevant. Purely as a coach, I would say Woodson is squarely below average for the Power 5 level.

Woody obviously will get a chance to prove what he can do this year with this squad. I'm not optimistic we will meet expectations (top 15-20 team, commensurate with where most early preseason rankings have us), but we'll see.

7 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I think most people understand how powerful that is and are excited by the prospect of what a good/great coach could do with that pot of money. I know the Archie comparisons are driven by what has been discussed in the thread, but ultimately they aren't that relevant. Purely as a coach, I would say Woodson is squarely below average for the Power 5 level.

Woody obviously will get a chance to prove what he can do this year with this squad. I'm not optimistic we will meet expectations (top 15-20 team, commensurate with where most early preseason rankings have us), but we'll see.

Having that much in NIL is good, if it stays around that level. My concern is that it may have been a one time thing of Woodson's rich friends trying to buy a team that he can't F up.

And? 
I don't think those guys are signing to play for Archie. If you think otherwise, that's fine. 
Everyone does understand the amount we JUST spent in NIL is a VERY good thing, regardless if Woodson EFFs it up this year. Right? We get that? That has to be sooo attractive for coaching prospects. 
Not those specific players but I am sure he would have gotten some good players with six million bucks. Most guys coaching at iu would get good players with that much money.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Not those specific players but I am sure he would have gotten some good players with six million bucks. Most guys coaching at iu would get good players with that much money.

He got Romeo and couldn't make the tourney. 

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Archie had good players and never made the tournament. Woodson did better with Archie's players than Archie himself. 

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Part of Miller's problem was that he wasn't very good at evaluating talent. Even a bunch of players he didn't land but recruited hard turned out to be not very good. Ethan Morton and Matt Cross are a couple of examples. So having NIL money likely would've just meant that he landed more players who weren't very good, except they were getting paid for it. Sure, it may have helped him land a few more players who were actually good, but it probably wouldn't have mattered too much in the greater scheme because Miller is simply a bad coach.

Also, I find it hilarious that people are now defending Miller as if saying that Woodson is better than him is saying Woodson is a good coach. They're both bad but Miller is clearly worse.

I mean, what you’re describing really isn’t arrogance. Mike Woodson acting like he’s above answering very basic interview questions or treating others within IU athletics dismissively  isn’t “bulletproof self belief,” it’s just him being a d***. 
Reminds of Knight answering basic interview questions. You must have hated Knight

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

In fairness we were squarely in the tourney in the covid year, CAM got screwed by that. Terrible coach for IU regardless 

Romeo’s year was when they lost like 12 in a row lol. Covid was the next year. It’s crazy Romeo is only 24. That seems like forever ago. 

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Reminds of Knight answering basic interview questions. You must have hated Knight

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

That dude wasn’t alive to have seen Knight coach.

There is no Archie Miller love, it’s just people replying to those that are saying Woodson is better which he hasn’t proven he is.

he inherited one of the oldest teams in basketball from Miller including an all-American and he got bounced early in the tourney twice. Then followed that up with a team of his own guys and didn’t even make the tourney and had a negative +- which has only been done a few times in IUs history, that’s pretty shitty

Part of Miller's problem was that he wasn't very good at evaluating talent. Even a bunch of players he didn't land but recruited hard turned out to be not very good. Ethan Morton and Matt Cross are a couple of examples. So having NIL money likely would've just meant that he landed more players who weren't very good, except they were getting paid for it. Sure, it may have helped him land a few more players who were actually good, but it probably wouldn't have mattered too much in the greater scheme because Miller is simply a bad coach.
Also, I find it hilarious that people are now defending Miller as if saying that Woodson is better than him is saying Woodson is a good coach. They're both bad but Miller is clearly worse.
Nobody is defending him at all.

3 hours ago, sirhoosierlot said:

Romeo’s year was when they lost like 12 in a row lol. Covid was the next year. It’s crazy Romeo is only 24. That seems like forever ago. 

I was answering the point that CAM never made the tourney, which is incorrect. Romeo got screwed by injuries just didn’t have a body that would hold up and the hand injury was just bum luck

4 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I was answering the point that CAM never made the tourney, which is incorrect. Romeo got screwed by injuries just didn’t have a body that would hold up and the hand injury was just bum luck

Archie never made the tourney. He made an NIT. No one cares about that.

31 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

For the sunshine pumpers:

With all of that sunshine you’re pumping, what should expectations for this year? If you’re so confident in our great coach let’s hear what a good year looks like versus what a bad result looks like that should get coach fired.

55-0 =good year 

0-55 =bad year