Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Man oh Man… it appears that Dusty had his choice of Michigan or Louisville… I said that I would be a fan wherever Dusty went, which will still be true, and I might watch some Michigan games this year. But man, this stings. 

Stings because this is like the 4th time this has happened as IU retained multiple coaches for too long and the candidate the fanbase wants goes elsewhere and will likely have success. 

I agree that Dusty is somewhat of a risk, but I also think that opinion is another case of letting great get in the way of good. The reality of the situation is we let a native son who was a serious commodity on the market go elsewhere to keep a program “legend.” One HUGE difference is Dusty is fireable whereas Mike Woodson, apparently, is not. And herein lies the conundrum. Instead of taking a chance on a guy we can move on from if he fails, we are keeping someone we can’t. I’ve moved on to acceptance, and that means I am going to hope Woody doesn’t crater the program for being gifted an ego year. Despite common sense pointing in that direction. 

6 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Now watch Dusty poach one of Sisley or Mullins right from under us all while Woodson is telling us how he's doing his job.

If it makes you feel better, to land them Woodson would probably have to be on the road recruiting them first; you know the same Woodson that had to be told to go to sectionals. So UM won't poach them from under IU.

Iu doing iu things lol. Let's hope dusty fails! I am not as kind as some of you. If he does awesome I will certainly be leading the charge of toxic posts towards are administration and booing them lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I do believe weather or not you liked the dusty hire or you thought it was a risk the michigan hire proves he was a risk worth taking. Michigan is serious about basketball and football and wouldn't hire someone who they believed wouldn't be good imo

27 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I do believe weather or not you liked the dusty hire or you thought it was a risk the michigan hire proves he was a risk worth taking. Michigan is serious about basketball and football and wouldn't hire someone who they believed wouldn't be good imo

Michigan is serious about basketball?  They kept a coach who was a former player after he fought an opposing coach and his own strength and conditioning coach.  

23 hours ago, Mopladysman said:

What is it after next year?

I think it's still around $15 million, if I recall correctly, unless ISU's athletic director leaves.

But Otzelberger is also married to a legendary Iowa State women's player, so he may not be getable.