Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 hours ago, JF87 said:

It will be interesting to see who leaves in the portal, if any.  I assumed that Banks and Gunn might look for more playing time elsewhere.  However, playing time might cost them money.  I believe bench players at IU make more than starters at smaller schools. Cupps could transfer and not worry about NIL because he was doing well NIL wise prior to attending IU. If Cupp leaves it will be because he and his dad don't think Woodson's offense is a fit for Gabe.  IU NIL would match any NIL offers to Reneau and MgBako, so if they leave it would most likely to be closer to home or scheme fit.    

If IU is only matching NIL for Reneau, Mbagko, and anyone else in the portal, kiss them goodbye. I’m not sure which situation IU would win out if NIL was the same. IU is going to have to overpay for every single transfer and for their own guys. Sounds like they already did for Leal and Galloway. 

Just now, ib4iu said:

If IU is only matching NIL for Reneau, Mbagko, and anyone else in the portal, kiss them goodbye. I’m not sure which situation IU would win out if NIL was the same. IU is going to have to overpay for every single transfer and for their own guys. Sounds like they already did for Leal and Galloway. 

That’s the point. It’s donors ensuring their man has every advantage 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I just got back from two grocery stores and didn’t see Mike Woodson at either. Might be a sign. 

Or he says if groceries want to be eaten by Mike Woodson then they have to come to Mike Woodson.

He’s banned from all of them unless he retires

Just now, MrBBall said:

That’s the point. It’s donors ensuring their man has every advantage 

There is nothing the donors can do to improve his actual coaching or to change his style of play. They can prop him up and buy him players, but ultimately, he will still drive the bus off the cliff.

As fans, we are trapped in the seventh level of hell.

1 minute ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

There is nothing the donors can do to improve his actual coaching or to change his style of play. They can prop him up and buy him players, but ultimately, he will still drive the bus off the cliff.

As fans, we are trapped in the seventh level of hell.

Correct. 3-4 folks. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I just got back from two grocery stores and didn’t see Mike Woodson at either. Might be a sign. 

Or he says if groceries want to be eaten by Mike Woodson then they have to come to Mike Woodson.

Has them delivered, going to the store takes away from golf time.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For you still holding out hope, you'll have to hold your breath until 6:00 Monday evening.  If there's no good news by then (and it's highly unlikely), all your continued rants and raves will be nothing more than

Beating dead horse GIF - Conseguir el mejor gif en GIFER      Woody effectively gave us the middle finger Senior Night.

It’s group therapy. 

14 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

Reneau would really shock me. He’s going to get infinity touches again in the paint and get paid like an all-American to do it. If I am MM I at least see what the market price is for my services. Gallo and especially Leal are probably making several factors more money than they ever would elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Reneau would really shock me. He’s going to get infinity touches again in the paint and get paid like an all-American to do it. If I am MM I at least see what the market price is for my services. Gallo and especially Leal are probably making several factors more money than they ever would elsewhere. 

In the case of Galloway and Leal, it's NILM (Name, Image, Likeness and Mouth). Pay for play and pay for say.

35 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

You're right.  I should have written that IU would beat any offers to Reneau and MgBako.  

38 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

If I were him, I’d see what Woody could put together. Sure he will have a chance to average 25pts but someone has to score. And if the team stinks on July 1. If I were him, I’d leave. Other schools would be able to come up with the money no matter how late into portal season it is for someone or his skill level. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Did you try The Briar and The Burley cigar shop?

40 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I have no idea what MR is going to do but have thought the same thing you posted.  
Where else is he going to repeatedly get the ball on offense and be allowed to shoot from anywhere he wants? 
Maybe he leaves because he feels that we will be crappy again next year but maybe the $$$, probably seeing Ware go to the league, and being the focus of the offense will keep him around.

I don’t know where to put this, but currently returning from Spring Break (you can still spring break even though you have graduated correct)?  But anyway, why don’t we have a Buc ee’s around here?  Someone needs to make that happen.

Including the obligatory *Fire Mike Woodson* so I don’t get in trouble with @Stuhoofor posting this here.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For you still holding out hope, you'll have to hold your breath until 6:00 Monday evening.  If there's no good news by then (and it's highly unlikely), all your continued rants and raves will be nothing more than

Beating dead horse GIF - Conseguir el mejor gif en GIFER      Woody effectively gave us the middle finger Senior Night.

If our next coach is in the tournament I don’t expect us to retire Woodson tomorrow.