Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

It's not hyperbole at this point to say Woodson's recruiting approach has failed (putting it mildly). 

It's not hyperbole to say Woodson very apparently does not have what it takes to recruit anyone other than an instant impact player. Essentially, he is shopping for pro's and proven commodities at P5 level. No player development. No roster continuity. 

It's not hyperbole to say no other IUBB coach would be given such a long leash. 

I have yet to hear a compelling reason for him to return for a 4th season. 

New signature by the way

33 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yep. Greatest fans in the country until blame needs to be passed to save one’s own failing @$$. Then it’s the fans fault.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It kind of reminds me of a relationship with a narcissistic sociopath. They beat you down with gaslighting and projection, until you can’t take it anymore. Then they play the victim…. Then when you’ve had enough and are ready to walk away, they beg you to stay and tell you everything you want and need to hear. 

….so all the sudden he thinks he’s gonna land those kinda players with his recent track record? Are you kidding me? 

He still thinks he an elite coach. So in his mind, yes. Sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, coonhounds said:

Ok. I am torn. If iu administration found out yesterday liam will be decommiting does it make sense to try to poor water on the firing rumors to say your bringing him back to get ahead of it? Or more likely a attempt to keep liam from decommiting by standing up for coach?
This is all iued up isn't it? They truly screw everything up I can't understand this

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I posted earlier here what I read on the Liam decommitment thread... according to that post, Liam had decided to decommit earlier, and was waiting to see what was going to happen with Woodson to announce. If Woodson was fired, the coaching change clause make leaving easier... when the announcement came that Woodson was coming back, Liam had to go the harder route...

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I guess not if the rumors are true that our coaching staff hasn’t spoken to him since he committed 

Maybe he only wanted McNeeley thinking it would help to land Queen, who was the real prize as an inside player. Everyone knows the college game is played inside out. Since we missed on Queen, McNeeley wasn't needed anymore since he's a 3-point shooter.

If they would have said nothing and this news broke we would all just assume he is getting canned. If your Dolson why not say nothing and hope like he'll this team who is finally getting hot can win enough to possibly stop the calls to fire him.
The way this has been handled really pisses me off. With this decommit he doesn't deserve his fourth year.

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

It's not hyperbole at this point to say Woodson's recruiting approach has failed (putting it mildly). 

It's not hyperbole to say Woodson very apparently does not have what it takes to recruit anyone other than an instant impact player. Essentially, he is shopping for pro's and proven commodities at P5 level. No player development. No roster continuity. 

It's not hyperbole to say no other IUBB coach would be given such a long leash. 

I have yet to hear a compelling reason for him to return for a 4th season. 

New signature by the way

spot on, sir...

14 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

The leal to sparks post entry next year is going to be a sight to behold

So you think the Big Ten will allow sparks to have 15 fouls for the 2 open scholarships on the team next year

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Ok. I am torn. If iu administration found out yesterday liam will be decommiting does it make sense to try to poor water on the firing rumors to say your bringing him back to get ahead of it? Or more likely a attempt to keep liam from decommiting by standing up for coach?
This is all iued up isn't it? They truly screw everything up I can't understand this

This is kinda where I’ve come to over the last hour. Seems more like some sad attempt to keep him versus the other way around. Because the optics of it coming 24 hours after the vote of confidence are just atrocious. Why not wait if you knew? Doesn’t matter anyway it was poorly received with him committed, and now we look like a clown show. 

Honest and totally fair question: has anyone informed Woodson of the news today? 

Don’t act like it’s outside the realm of possibility. 

I mean, he’s comfortable in his skin. They wouldn’t want to make him squirm.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like he was backing out either way. MAYBE a different coach could have re-recruited him but not likely.

None of our staffs promises to him have come true.

Missing Fland and especially Queen was strike 1 and 2. Missing the tourney, playing ugly basketball, not staying in strong contact was strike 3, 4, 5.

The kid is too good to gamble on a coach. Might as well go to a program that has things figured out.

This was as predictable as anything if you followed the recruitment and then saw the events unfold afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Home Jersey said:

FWIW Trilly said IU was informed about an hour before it went public. 

Woodson likely woke up from his afternoon nap. Armond Hill was already at Cloverleaf for the Senior Early Bird special for the night so he’ll find out tomorrow in the office. 

What’s Adam Howard going to post now? 

10 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Woodson's "I'm not going anywhere speech" was 1 or 2 days before Queen committed to Maryland.