Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

47 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

He'd be the most popular coach the entire state of Indiana has had since the year 2000.  They don't want that.  I've heard those words I used too many times over the years from people very close to the program.  I'll believe when I see it.  I do think Dolson wants Pearl.  I think the BOT blocks him.  We'll see.

A coach who would be extremely popular, understands and respects the program, could handle the spotlight and likely elevates the program back to a level of success we haven’t seen in over 2 decades? I don’t dispute what you’re saying, but if they can’t see Young Brucie is someone who can do that while not acting like Bob Knight then they are not fit to be involved in this decision. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I just got done with dinner. Has any other trustees posted yet? Did I miss anything?

Yep. Some guy on the BOT just chimed in and said we are getting rid of woody and going with the head coach of Detroit Mercy, some up and coming coach named Mike  Davis. He’s done well with his team this year. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I just got done with dinner. Has any other trustees posted yet? Did I miss anything?

Rumors of a 3:30 press conference tomorrow. :) 

That’s an old reference to IU message boards in the Mike Davis era for those of you not young enough to remember. 

1 hour ago, schoosier said:

I don’t remember a search either and Beard or Pearl would easily be top choice to replace if it happens this year.

There wasn’t a search. We covered this already. Buckner told Dolson he could go after Stevens but if it didn’t get him, it had to be Woodson. Because Woody got screwed after Crean. He had the Simons backing him.

4 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Yep. Some guy on the BOT just chimed in and said we are getting rid of woody and going with the head coach of Detroit Mercy, some up and coming coach named Mike  Davis. He’s done well with his team this year. 

He’s a good one he’s been farther in the tournament than Pearl & May.

4 minutes ago, Mike Rodick said:

If Dolson offers to Jay Wright everything he supposedly offered Brad Stevens would we have a shot?,or has Wright made it clear he's done coaching?

I don't think he's said anything either way but he has legend status at Villanova. 

Don't see him going anywhere but back there if the job opened.

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Rumors of a 3:30 press conference tomorrow. :) 

That’s an old reference to IU message boards in the Mike Davis era for those of you not young enough to remember. 

I remember it well. Was on Peegs then. Vote for Megan.

7 minutes ago, Mike Rodick said:

If Dolson offers to Jay Wright everything he supposedly offered Brad Stevens would we have a shot?,or has Wright made it clear he's done coaching?

Welcome to btb Mike.

IMO Wright has zero desire to get back into college coaching and have to deal with open season recruiting and NIL

10 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Hey, he's got one more win in Division 1 than either you or I have buddy. ;)

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There wasn’t a search. We covered this already. Buckner told Dolson he could go after Stevens but if it didn’t get him, it had to be Woodson. Because Woody got screwed after Crean. He had the Simons backing him.

When you say screwed, what do you mean? I’ll be honest I don’t remember Woody being even whispered last time, and he wouldn’t have been anywhere on my radar. When the “hire an IU guy” crowd got loud before Archie I assumed the only logical option was Alford if that was what people wanted.  In the resident under 40 crowd really my only thoughts about Woody before he was head coach were he took the Hawks to the playoffs and coached Carmelo. Genuinely curious, because as someone who didn’t see when Woody played his hiring felt sooooo far out of left field I didn’t really know what to think, and I am a huge NBA fan as well. Apologies for the stream of consciousness. 

I think some people try and convince themselves all the big names turned us down and we had to settle for woodson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Welcome to btb Mike.

IMO Wright has zero desire to get back into college coaching and have to deal with open season recruiting and NIL

Thanks for the welcome,looking forward to seeing if my old butt can add anything of significance.

14 minutes ago, Mike Rodick said:

Welcome Mike, good to have you. Of all the purely fantasy hires imaginable, Wright would be mine. I dob’t think he’s just flat out said it, but he seems incredibly happy with the part-time analyst gig. And he’s great at it. 

7 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Hey, he's got one more win in Division 1 than either you or I have buddy. ;)

Hey I’m pretty sure you and I could be an assistant and head coach and get a win or two with that squad