Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I’ll add this, if QB really has veto power to control the BOT votes, and it gets reliably leaked nationally

Honestly, a university BOT chair veto-ing a motion for a new basketball coach would have to raise some ethical red flags, no? Doubt that is a common occurrence. Even more unlikely that BOT chair happens to be close personal friends with the coach....

@Chris007 I brought this up earlier, maybe you have some insight. TJD, RT, and MK all seemed to love CMW and now the news of abandoning the ship. Any idea on the reason behind the dramatic shift, other than the dismal season?

I remember back when Dolson first took the AD job after Glass, a lot of people were like meh, didn’t think it was the right move, thought he’d just be a yes man, etc

The stuff he’s trying to get accomplished right now for the program and how he’s going about it makes him a bada$$ in my eyes and I’m sure that obviously most if not all on here sure as heck appreciate everything he’s trying to get done. We are in your corner Mr. Dolson. Save the program you and the rest of us love dearly. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully those are his famous last words

I want Woodson gone as much as anyone. Him and Buckner are program legends and wouldn't want an ugly split; but if Buckner is trying to protect his friend as it sounds I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

The hire was so immensely stupid.

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Honestly, a university BOT chair veto-ing a motion for a new basketball coach would have to raise some ethical red flags, no? Doubt that is a common occurrence. Even more unlikely that BOT chair happens to be close personal friends with the coach....

I should have clarified, I meant it more in terms of him having the majority vote in his pocket. Runaway jury style, not specifically the power to veto a duly voted motion. Sorry for the lack of clarity. 

38 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Some guy on Peegs is raising hell that Quinn's influence in this is unethical given his relationship to woody and position on the BOT. He is trying all he can to get it out there. 

Tend to agree with him.

Yes it is, at the least, troubling.  The BOT should be concerned with direction of the Unniversity and act as consultants in major hiring decisions - not micro-managers of athletic teams.  The relationship between Buckner & Woodson just makes it worse.

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

@Chris007 I brought this up earlier, maybe you have some insight. TJD, RT, and MK all seemed to love CMW and now the news of abandoning the ship. Any idea on the reason behind the dramatic shift, other than the dismal season?

I have not heard of any of those three abandoning the ship. Race has been even traveling with the team I believe. Pretty much from what I gather is 75-82 is on his side with 21-23 guys. Everyone else says get him out of town. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I have not heard of any of those three abandoning the ship. Race has been even traveling with the team I believe. Pretty much from what I gather is 75-82 is on his side with 21-23 guys. Everyone else says get him out of town. 

I didn't mean for it to sound that those guys opinions changed, just the overall rumor of current players abandoning ship. Just all the being run over by the bus in the pressers?

I get that Dolson is an IU guy through and through and being head of the athletics department at this university was probably a dream job of his from early on, but at what point do you show a little dignity and stand up for yourself? Assuming Woody gets a 4th year, why not come out and publicly say how things are being run behind the scenes while stepping down with honor? Does anyone really think Dolson is going to survive this whole ordeal anyway? You just know the Woodson failed hired is ultimately going to be pinned on Dolson seeing as he's the AD who "hired" and announced Woodson. Buckner is never going to publicly own this and somebody will have to take the fall. If you're Dolson, why not get out in front of it now?

Yes I remember losing by 50. Pat Knight was the player of the game for IU if I remember correctly. He had like 6 pts and 3 assists. 
A horrible day for this Hoosier fan. I had to watch a Bobby Knight coached team lose twice in one day.....

Who can tell me how that happened?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, OKHOOSIER said:

We could change the thread title to IU Basketball Fan Group Therapy because if this wasn’t here I would be pulling my proverbial hair out with only my wife to listen to my complaints lol or maybe she’d be pulling her hair out from listening. Also, that change.org petition is going to reach its first goal before close of business…

443 of 500 just now...