Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, cleeter said:

All I know, this is going to get really really ugly in less than two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very ugly… Problem is next year could be terrible and you want the players to succeed but  many fans will be over the coach. My biggest fear is IU retains him… He loses a couple of the cupcakes, loses all tougher non-conference games… then Iu starts like 2-6 in the BIG..,, Do you fire him mid-season? If your answer is yes… Then why not now.. 

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

Very ugly… Problem is next year could be terrible and you want the players to succeed but  many fans will be over the coach. My biggest fear is IU retains him… He loses a couple of the cupcakes, loses all tougher non-conference games… then Iu starts like 2-6 in the BIG..,, Do you fire him mid-season? If your answer is yes… Then why not now.. 

This is exactly what I keep coming back to. I am baffled by the thought QB would risk a midseason firing of his friend and veto a chance at someone like Pearl. If we whiffed on Pearl to keep Woodson it would be an all time blunder. I am not trying to be overly morose, but it would seem at that point the administration simply does not value/care about IUBB being an elite program-- no matter how much the fans and general alumni believe it should be. The narrative amongst our rivals would be confirmed. Not special, not a blue blood, and never going to reach heights that happened before I was born or on par with the UNC/Duke/Kansas's of the world. 

10 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

With this playing out with Woodson staying for another year, there is NO WAY, ZERO CHANCE that next year ends well. Woodson will be sent packing... so, if he stays we will miss out on any viable coach, and the roster will be absolutely ravaged and laid bare for whoever has the huevos to step up as the coach... we might as well turn out the lights and lock the doors on SSAH.

Why does Quinn have that much power. He's only one BOT member. Let's assume Dolson wants a change and Whitten supports it as well as other boosters. Why would he over ride everyone else ?
I know it's as if quinn is the most powerful man in indiana.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

Why does Quinn have that much power. He's only one BOT member. Let's assume Dolson wants a change and Whitten supports it as well as other boosters. Why would he over ride everyone else ?

He's the BoT chair... so he runs the BoT... one man - but one man with the power...

29 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I do not believe anyone knows who the "first choice" would be. - Eric.

But a few lines above he was “maintaining Pearl would not be the number one choice”

I then asked him “then how can you maintain he is not number 1 guy if no one knows”

His response was “is it that hard to make an assessment”

I’m lost.

Who is Eric?

With this playing out with Woodson staying for another year, there is NO WAY, ZERO CHANCE that next year ends well. Woodson will be sent packing... so, if he stays we will miss out on any viable coach, and the roster will be absolutely ravaged and laid bare for whoever has the huevos to step up as the coach... we might as well turn out the lights and lock the doors on SSAH.
Quinn and Woodson will certainly have left their legacy at that point.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

He will play in the G league and develop. They can get constant teaching as there are zero limitations like there are in college.

The Chicago G league team works out at my old health club.  Saw them there on numerous occasions.  A good D1 program is way better.  

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

He will play in the G league and develop. They can get constant teaching as there are zero limitations like there are in college.

Why would he do that when he can play in college and make way more money. 

15 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

But seriously is there literally no way to override him? Only unless he approves? 

I suspect some of the Trustees care little about basketball and would vote whatever way their Chair "suggests"

The way I look at it? He’s never going to get an extension. Next year isn’t good. 2025/26 isn’t looking good. What’s the point of keeping him past the 17th. We will never know, but all we know is Buckner wants him to get a 4th year, and he will get a 4th year.

Worst part. When he comes back, the fan base will be toxic and sadly the players will be caught in the middle. That’s probably why all of them are going to leave.

Why would he do that when he can play in college and make way more money. 
I dont know I am not him. I cannot answer your question.

Worst part. When he comes back, the fan base will be toxic and sadly the players will be caught in the middle. That’s probably why all of them are going to leave.

What's Woodson excuse next year? The fans made all the players leave him.

14 minutes ago, SamIam said:

I can't believe that the hottest coaching name in the country is literally an IU grad whose dream school is IU and we are going to let him go to another school, a conference rival no less. 

Definition of over-thinking it. 

Still hoping that won’t be the case. I will by no means be upset if they decide on Pearl instead, but if they keep Woodson and Dusty goes to OSU…ugh.