Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

13 minutes ago, cleeter said:

That Dolson was forced to hire Woodson after Stevens said no. That Woodson would not be hired by any other college basketball team if let go. That we’d be a lot better off in recruiting without him. Basically saying that the excuse of saving visits and no recruiting Wednesday sounds like a croc. His lack of presence in recruiting is not only hurting us with players, but with coaches in the state. Hes lost the fan base And in other words, has accused him of “program mismanagement”. I think I covered most of his comments since Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just pisses me off that the head coach of the state's flagship university isn't in tight with the state's high school coaches (and it's not just limited to Woodson).  Seems like suck low hanging fruit.  And if you're a basketball lifer, working with them and providing them access to resources would be good for the game.  I don't even give a fk about recruiting -- that would come anyway.  

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

You know I am sick of this chit thread.  Driving around today, running errands, all I could really think of is "when is the spring game?"  I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!  :) 

With your username I would think that the Masters would be your go to 

Just now, steubenhoosier said:

With your username I would think that the Masters would be your go to 

Actually gave up golf when the kid was born.  He took to baseball.  Now that he's done with school (IU Kelly, like mom and me) he's into golf. So I am slowly getting back into it.  But damn, getting old sucks.  Nothing like playing and taking a week to recover. :)  

But I am so looking forward to Football.  Kid lives a few blocks away from the Chicago IU bar.  Plus a HS buddy worked for Mallory back in the day and owns a couple of places.  Going to be a FUN fall.  :)   

4 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Actually gave up golf when the kid was born.  He took to baseball.  Now that he's done with school (IU Kelly, like mom and me) he's into golf. So I am slowly getting back into it.  But damn, getting old sucks.  Nothing like playing and taking a week to recover. :)  

But I am so looking forward to Football.  Kid lives a few blocks away from the Chicago IU bar.  Plus a HS buddy worked for Mallory back in the day and owns a couple of places.  Going to be a FUN fall.  :)   

I had to give up golf because the torque on my knee caused me problems… at least that’s what I tell myself. I played too much baseball and couldn’t get my baseball swing out of my golf swing 

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I disagree. If he sucks as a coach when his wife isn't sitting next to him, he sucks as a coach when she is. His wife sitting next to him doesn't alter the facts of how well he does or does not do at his job. And Woodson brought her along to the game, so one could argue that HE put his wife in that situation... or he was attempting to use her as a "human shield" (big, bad Mike Woodson, hiding behind his wife's Snuggie) ...

And yes, at the end of the day, Dolson's opinion is the one that counts, but as fans and supporters (both financial and emotional) of the program, we have a voice and need to use it.

All I'm asking is we not condone fans being idiots to other people in public. That same guy probably sucks at the job he has (or probably doesn't have). It's low class, unintelligent, and just being a poor quality human being in general.

The emphasis of my point was not his wife at all, but it drives home just how disrespectful people are over a game. If people can't understand the immaturity of the situation then I don't know what to tell any of them other than grow up.

13 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Kid lives a few blocks away from the Chicago IU bar.  

I assume you’re talking Joe’s on Weed St? Haven’t been there in a few years, always had a good time when I went.

2 hours ago, JF87 said:

Earlier in this thread, someone wrote that Rabjohns (I believe) said that IU was saving their recruiting days for portals players after this season. Sounds like the 2025 Indiana kids are not a priority for the staff. 

How does that give you an edge in recruiting which is the cornerstone of  any program.  Sounds like playing Russian roulette.

Wasn't one of the big reasons Tom Crean was fired was because of his lack of bonding with Indiana high school coaches?  Also, he was the target of many irate fans telling him he sucked.  I believe even one Maryland fan told Crean he ruined basketball.  It sounds like Woodson is heading down the same path as Crean is his last days.

2 minutes ago, jumpshot53 said:

Wasn't one of the big reasons Tom Crean was fired was because of his lack of bonding with Indiana high school coaches?  Also, he was the target of many irate fans telling him he sucked.  I believe even one Maryland fan told Crean he ruined basketball.  It sounds like Woodson is heading down the same path as Crean is his last days.

Mike Woodson makes me want Crean back.  That’s how sad it is.  

9 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Basically its IU was turned down by Stevens and Buckner wouldn’t let IU choose anyone but Woodson.  Buckner, Thomas and Kitchel supported it with donations.  WTF.  Indiana needs to be burnt to the ground if these idiots are making decisions.  

Hmm… I wonder if you met Buckner in person you would call him an idiot? 

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Hmm… I wonder if you met Buckner in person you would call him an idiot? 

I would.  Same with Isiah and Kitchell.  They shouldn’t be making basketball choices here.  It’s a crap show.  I am already tired of your shtick insulting people saying I know HNW people.  Saying people who post here aren’t successful.  You don’t know crap.  You are just an angry little person who most likely is just taking out his lack of success on others.  

Just now, IUGRAD06 said:

I would.  Same with Isiah and Kitchell.  They shouldn’t be making basketball choices here.  It’s a crap show.  I am already tired of your shtick insulting people saying I know HNW people.  Saying people who post here aren’t successful.  You don’t know crap.  You are just an angry little person who most likely is just taking out his lack of success on others.  

Okay then. You couldn’t be farther from the truth but you be you.

2 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

EASY!

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Oh get out of here with that. You know what he meant. 

Please help me understand what someone says, and what they mean. 
Trying to understand the board and what is legitimate and what isn’t 

18 minutes ago, jumpshot53 said:

I don't know that I'd say a lack of bonding; he had success recruiting the state early on with Hulls, Elston, Zeller, Ferrell, etc. More so Crean being Crean he ended up turning them against him.