Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's not something we're going to have to worry about till this time next season. As of right now, he's getting next year. He's going to get a chance to improve through the portal. The only way I see us making a change is if we would happen to go 0-8 to finish the season. 

We're not a serious program anymore.  

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The problem with saying you have to earn your spot is once you get that spot, you will never lose it because Woodson sticks with the same starting lineup every game. The guy refuses to change anything

And we're supposed to believe he's seen the error of his ways and change at age 66.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

And we're supposed to believe he's seen the error of his ways and change at age 66.

I'm just telling you what was passed on to me. I think they are trying to get this out now so fans can start to settle down. I don't know what to say, I thought there would at least be a conversation at the end of the year. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I'm just telling you what was passed on to me. I think they are trying to get this out now so fans can start to settle down. I don't know what to say, I thought there would at least be a conversation at the end of the year. 

Bold strategy, I don't think it'll work out that way.

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's not something we're going to have to worry about till this time next season. As of right now, he's getting next year. He's going to get a chance to improve through the portal. The only way I see us making a change is if we would happen to go 0-8 to finish the season. 

Exactly why I’m rooting to lose out. It’s sad and pathetic but why postpone the inevitable. We know Woodson isn’t the guy. 

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I’m not sold either on May. I mean, I could see it being great but it’s a huge step up in level for him.

I actually really like Woody the person. I really do. I think he cares deeply. I think he’s funny, and generally likeable. But his teams play including the first two years is just ugly and not up to par.

I just wish he wouldn’t have failed so epically this year because I could have lived with another 2 years similar to last year and been really happy and felt good about the program.

I know NGW says nobody wants this job, but I don’t agree. I think the AD Is fixated on May and they all want that to happen.

If he get May I’ll be a doubter to begin with, sadly. I’ll have some blind enthusiasm at least but I’ll be a doubter.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If hire May, I am really afraid it would be a repeat of Archie Miller, and that will set us way way back.  We already sunk pretty low this year!  Once we move on from Woodson, we need to make this the right hire and not just the flavor of the month, which is what May is right now.  Crap, I ain’t getting any younger, I would love to see us start winning consistently, competing for B10 championships consistently, and making the dance consistently and we need to do it in my lifetime, dang it!

9 hours ago, Hornsby said:

I don't think it's just iu with may lots of big schools will look but I do agree he is a risk. I'd much rather get a proven coach.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Yes, because if we don’t it could set us back light years.  Something tells me May is the flavor of month, just like Archie was

35 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Agree.  We should change the title of this thread to Fire Coach Woodson 2024 and then we can start a new one titled Fire Coach Woodson 2025.   As it stands today we should all resign ourselves to the fact Woody is on the sidelines next season and a year from now we'll have a whole new list of candidates to critique.  However IMO if we should only go 2-6 and the 6 are blowouts, that might be the straw that broke the  proverbial camel's back.  

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Agree.  We should change the title of this thread to Fire Coach Woodson 2024 and then we can start a new one titled Fire Coach Woodson 2025.   As it stands today we should all resign ourselves to the fact Woody is on the sidelines next season and a year from now we'll have a whole new list of candidates to critique.  However IMO if we should only go 2-6 and the 6 are blowouts, that might be the straw that broke the  proverbial camel's back.  

I still say we change the title of the thread to “Retire Coach Woodson”. It’s the best possible outcome for the program’s future. 

22 minutes ago, Trish said:

Exactly why I’m rooting to lose out. It’s sad and pathetic but why postpone the inevitable. We know Woodson isn’t the guy. 

Right there with ya. If utter disaster is what it takes to make Dolson do the correct thing, then utter disaster is what needs to happen. I don’t want another year of taking 30 long 2s a game and endless talks of getting over the hump. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'll be honest I'm slightly bummed. I think we're going to miss out on certain coaches, and recruits and it's going to set us back at least 10 years. Hopefully, 2-6 gets a conversation. This might be the first time I actually sit down and send an email to Scott. 

Told ya.  We're going to begin the Michael Lewis era after next season.  So predictable.

IU basketball will never be a serious program again. Hiring Woodson in the first place was sign #1. Keeping him for a fourth year after a disastrous year 3 is sign #2. The administration wants your money for tickets and gear but has no interest in giving you a program worth watching. They don’t think they need to. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'll be honest I'm slightly bummed. I think we're going to miss out on certain coaches, and recruits and it's going to set us back at least 10 years. Hopefully, 2-6 gets a conversation. This might be the first time I actually sit down and send an email to Scott. 

I've been doing this lately for first time ever as well. AD, Senators, Reps, state senators. Becoming an old in real time - tough pill to swallow

15 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

I’m telling you Dusty has had more years to build something, in a crappy conference and he isn’t ready for this level. That if you think Woodson has failed, lord help May when he can’t get the level of talent many of you think he will be able to. Talent matters more in the bigger conferences and pure X/Os is not enough.  He would be able to over a few years but it would be a slow climb and not something his coaching acumen can make up for. I mean, the guy has 4 terrible losses this year. You can say by small margin but you also chose to ignore his slight victories. One would think a coaching savant wouldn’t lose those games. Brad Stevens wouldn’t have. 

To @rcs29 - yes, the IU job is harder. When everyone still expects RMK level results or in some cases, even better. By year 3 or 4. Say you don’t? First year not making the tourney and guy is worst coach to ever live. Get him out. Would be same with May. Rinse and repeat. 

At end of the day, there are better options than him and waiting for them is the smarter choice. Too many of you argue in absolutes. Woody may not be the guy but no need to rush into this. This idea of “wasting a year” doesn’t matter if you get it wrong again. 

The same Brad Stevens who didn't make the NCAA tournament the year after back to back championship games and had 9 losses to 100+ ranked teams that year?

image.thumb.png.0e99c63fe8ce0a6f53e7272762a9fb6c.png