Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

3 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

2 fresh, 2 soph and a lone senior starting.....but, but, but, .....we underachieved?
Maybe, just maybe, some here over expected. I'm sorry the pretty girl said no to you as prom date.

You know CMW has the 3rd best winning percentage at IU in the last 60 yrs correct?

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Is he close to his own goals?  He set the expectations. 

IMG_5494.png

OK Karen, where should I be.

Lol. Positivity thread! Just kidding but third best winning percentage. Who is this behind? Nobody since knight who was here 3o years is even close to good enough. Woodson has zero to be proud of yet. He has underachieving! Go to the iu vs nebraska thread and post some Positivity cause I can get behind that!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

2 fresh, 2 soph and a lone senior starting.....but, but, but, .....we underachieved?
Maybe, just maybe, some here over expected. I'm sorry the pretty girl said no to you as prom date.

You know CMW has the 3rd best winning percentage at IU in the last 60 yrs correct?

Zero bench after having $4 million in NIL collective. Zero recruits in the 2024 class after losing his best recruit the day it was leaked he would return as head coach for next season. Has gotten absolutely blown out in his NCAA appearances vs St Mary’s and Miami. One of the worst offenses in P4 basketball. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Haha. I understand it’s tough to win game’s starting two McDonald’s All Americans and a 24 year PG.

Well, Crean did miss the NIT with two McDonald's All Americans.

19 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

That winning percentage is about to dive if he fails to climb the huge hill he's set before himself in free agency. 

There's winning some games, and there's building a program. He's done a little bit of the former and chopping the legs from under the latter. 

Agree. Expecting to make the tourney in Woodson’s 3rd year is proof some IU fans are toxic and not true fans. 
Nope, some IU fans are toxic when they boo players/ coaches at games, or they get grossly upset to the point of claiming a player was bribed to do his senior speech. That's the definition of toxic. That's the definition of why it's hard to recruit, or get a tier 1 coach to IU. That's just one reason, but certainly the one most visible to those outside the IU realm, why we'll remain irrelevant in college basketball.

Sometimes change is good, but IU's never been good at it, at least since RMK left. With this administration, what makes you think it will magically be better next time?

Just now, Schreckbagger said:

Nope, some IU fans are toxic when they boo players/ coaches at games, or they get grossly upset to the point of claiming a player was bribed to do his senior speech. That's the definition of toxic. That's the definition of why it's hard to recruit, or get a tier 1 coach to IU. That's just one reason, but certainly the one most visible to those outside the IU realm, why we'll remain irrelevant in college basketball.

Sometimes change is good, but IU's never been good at it, at least since RMK left. With this administration, what makes you think it will magically be better next time?

Duke fans threw water bottles at UNC players. Duke also has the top recruiting class in the nation. Including two players in the top 5.  It's easy to get a top flight coach to IU. The reality is a top flight coach looks at the athletic administration  and realizes other places have a way better environment.

2 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

So, if I’m understanding your point, IU fans are why we can’t recruit? Not the shitty basketball we play? And your logic is, IU has been terrible at picking coaches, so instead of finally going after a proven, winning coach, we keep Woodson because they might mess up again?

Fans of elite programs laugh at IU fans for accepting bad results. It’s why IU is a bottom tier sports program.

Lol. Positivity thread! Just kidding but third best winning percentage. Who is this behind? Nobody since knight who was here 3o years is even close to good enough. Woodson has zero to be proud of yet. He has underachieving! Go to the iu vs nebraska thread and post some Positivity cause I can get behind that!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Wikipedia is easy to find for those who aren't lazy.

By winning percent at IU.
.741 Sampson
.735 Knight (All)
.683 Knight ('98/'99)
.629 Woodson
.592 Davis
.552 Crean
.536 Miller
.429 Dakich

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Schreckbagger said:

Is he behind Mike Davis?

What year is Galloway? X? 

Edited by IndyHoops

Woodson sucks, the roster construction sucks.  We have a good team, good kids...love Galloway.  Ware and reneau are great.  Personally I like X.  I just think woodson is so terrible, you could give him John wall and Zion Williamson and he'd still have a offense not capable of winning.  Talent isn't the issue here.