Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

LMAO......my Dad grew up in a home next to the stadium in Bloomington. We listened to every game together on the radio. I've rooted for IU since McCracken coached. I've got friends who played for RMK and know someone very connected to IU basketball. So yes, that makes me a Purdont jockstrap.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Awesome! What's any of this have to do with firing Woodson? I do agree though you must be old. I was probably wrong you were posting in the star before I was born.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Schreckbagger said:

LMAO......my Dad grew up in a home next to the stadium in Bloomington. We listened to every game together on the radio. I've rooted for IU since McCracken coached. I've got friends who played for RMK and know someone very connected to IU basketball. So yes, that makes me a Purdont jockstrap. emoji12.png

My uncle and my Dad grew up in town as well.  Fun to hear their stories.

This is a really good board. Just kick back and relax a little. People here are great even when we disagree. Stay around and try to enjoy the discord

16 minutes ago, Trish said:

Last game of the year today folks. Then it’s off season while Dolson sits on his butt thinking Woodson will magically turn it around. 

I think we win.  Ware dominates, XJ has a good game, and Nebraska misses their threes.  I agree that Dolson needs to make a change.  The program is going in the wrong direction in year 3. 

So are you actually blaming "toxic" fans for Woodson's inability or lack of interest in recruiting? I have NO problem booing a coach who gets $4+M/year and underperforms and blows off recruiting. He deserves that and more.
As far as not getting a tier 1 coach? Look at the administration and the BoT for your answers to that one. BTW, I inferred from your comment that you agree that Woodson is not a tier 1 coach. We all know have know that from Woodson's year one.
I've reread my posts and still don't find anything about lack of interest in recruiting.
Please point that out for us.

No, I agree Woodson is not a tier 1 coach, but he's not a horrible coach either like the arm chair coaches here make him out to be.

I am saying, IU gets a bad rap on the recruiting circuit because of both its fans, and its administration (including coaches). And that's just sad.

7 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

I've reread my posts and still don't find anything about lack of interest in recruiting.
Please point that out for us.

No, I agree Woodson is not a tier 1 coach, but he's not a horrible coach either like the arm chair coaches here make him out to be.

I am saying, IU gets a bad rap on the recruiting circuit because of both its fans, and its administration (including coaches). And that's just sad.

IU gets a bad rap on the recruiting circuit because its coach rarely shows up and can’t remember names when he does. 

Sampson fired himself.  All he had to do was not cheat.  Sampson was caught cheating at Oklahoma and promised IU that it wouldn't happen again.  The NCAA handed down 5-year show cause penalty to Sampson, so it was a big deal.  There is no doubt that Sampson could have been a great coach here.  He chose to throw that opportunity away.  Don't blame the university for expecting their coaches to play by the rules. I would be embarrassed if we didn't have high standards.  
I've never heard of someone firing himself. Tell us how that's done, please.

1 minute ago, Schreckbagger said:

I've never heard of someone firing himself. Tell us how that's done, please.

You tell an employee the expectations and requirements for continued employment.  If they fail to meet them, they are terminated. The ability to keep their job was in the employee's hands.  So, by choosing to violate the rules or failure to meet expectations, in essence the employee fires themself. 

7 hour drive with family to Spring Break deep into SEC country….No BTN, No Problem!  
IMG_5759.thumb.jpeg.118b0dc9aedf94f1665beaf19f5e6a5f.jpeg
I am in Georgia rental house it has no btt. Following this is much better anyway. Hey Howard got fired I see. The nba hires are dropping like flies.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I think we win.  Ware dominates, XJ has a good game, and Nebraska misses their threes.  I agree that Dolson needs to make a change.  The program is going in the wrong direction in year 3. 
This is the first legit team they have played in awhile. Tonight will be the real test.

12 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I am in Georgia rental house it has no btt. Following this is much better anyway. Hey Howard got fired I see. The nba hires are dropping like flies.

At the Hyatt Regency in Marietta.  Come on over. Ha!

3 minutes ago, HoosierMoore said:

At the Hyatt Regency in Marietta.  Come on over. Ha!

So just to be clear, you can just buy Buffalo Trace in Georgia? You have to bribe someone in North Carolina to be able to get it. State run liquor stores are the worst.