Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Are you saying that the guy who confronted Woodson was the one who posted the info on Trilly's site?

It's a punk move, and worse if he's bragging about it.

Correct, he came on there like basically bragging about it. He’s honestly pretty annoying on there. Posts probably 3 times more then anyone else

 

Looks like that same guy has now been the first person that I’ve seen kicked from Trilly’s discord and refunded his money lol 

Edited by HoosierKix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Artie86 said:

This was my latest comparison a few days ago. I think and as of right now, Dolson hit a HR/grand slam, hiring Cignetti. 

I’m sure he thinking, “I know how to do this for the bb program…..How can I get it done?”

The Cig hire has certainly fired me up for the football season. I think he will be successful but Im going to hold off calling his hire a grand slam until he at least gets his first BT win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Honestly surprised that students haven't had a protest before a game. Like not go into the arena until after the game starts or something along those lines. Has much vitriol there seems to be, it could definitely get worse. I hope it doesn’t. Hopefully a resolution happens swiftly after the season. 

That would be over the top.  I am ready to go in a different direction but being dicks about it isn't the route to go.  IMO, if you aren't happy, just don't show up.  That speaks louder than booing your own team or the coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Guys it’s big boys pants time.  Take the pacifier out.  Guy gets paid multi millions.  Don’t want to take the heat, then do your damn job.  

Nah, that is a poor way to show your dissatisfaction.  It isn't about big boy pants, it is about having a little class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Guys it’s big boys pants time.  Take the pacifier out.  Guy gets paid multi millions.  Don’t want to take the heat, then do your damn job.  

Heyyy--- thats fine and all... and I do want Woodson replaced... 

But, where I come from... coming up to a dude like that might get you smacked. Unfortunately the party that went up to Woodson knows he can't touch him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Feathery said:

Honestly surprised that students haven't had a protest before a game. Like not go into the arena until after the game starts or something along those lines. Has much vitriol there seems to be, it could definitely get worse. I hope it doesn’t. Hopefully a resolution happens swiftly after the season. 

Maybe a hot take but I think the majority of undergrads don't follow the team off the court as closely/feel less passionately about things like coaching changes than the rest of the fan base. Damn I miss Assembly Hall!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Nah, that is a poor way to show your dissatisfaction.  It isn't about big boy pants, it is about having a little class.

How else is a fan supposed to show dissatisfaction? If they one fan doesn't show up to a game or turn on the TV, they are voiceless and he's never heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I kinda called it on here the other day.... Eventually, people in public were going to say something.

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Why should a guy making 4.5 million be protected from being fairly respectfully told to retire?

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

How else is a fan supposed to show dissatisfaction? If they one fan doesn't show up to a game or turn on the TV, they are voiceless and he's never heard.

Have something to admit to/you want to get off your chest, LCS? (just playing) 

I think the guy who confronted Woody in the Greenfield gym was LCS! Any fans of the Clue board game? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Have something to admit to/you want to get off your chest, LCS? (just playing) 

I think the guy who confronted Woody in the Greenfield gym was LCS! Any fans of the Clue board game? Lol

Lol. Greenfield is 2 hours from me. Ain't driving that far to go to a HS game I don't care about. I don't even go to my local sectionals. But, it was coming eventually. And, the guy did as respectfully as possible it seems. It isn't like he was screaming profanities or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Heyyy--- thats fine and all... and I do want Woodson replaced... 

But, where I come from... coming up to a dude like that might get you smacked. Unfortunately the party that went up to Woodson knows he can't touch him. 

Like I said big boy pants — yes  you might get your a$$ kicked.  Be ready for the consequences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will preface this by saying that yes it’s classless and boorish behavior. But this doesn’t really move the needle for me at all. CMW is the public face of a large state school getting paid literal millions to coach basketball. This is part of the gig. Like it or not. I deal with angry travelers daily and hear a lot worse than “you need to retire”. This entire comment thread allows us to anonymously discuss and say the exact things this idiot said in person. It’s not that far off for all the handwringing I’ve read about this. Kentucky literally kicked people out of the stadium last year for having FIRE COACH CAL signs. Is it stupid? Yes. Does it happen everywhere? Yes. Sympathy from me? No. Personally, I’ll stick to anonymously calling for his job online. However, the irony of that is not lost on me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierHoopster said:

It’s not that he said it in public it’s the classless stupid act of saying it to Woodson in front of his wife. 

WTF is his wife doing at a HS basketball game the coach is scouting.  Is it take your wife to work day or something.   
 

Hopefully she talks some sense to him on the ride back home.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×