Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I don’t think that will necessarily be the case moving forward. If you follow pro sports, you know there’s a whole element of fans that are really into drafts, salary caps, etc… GM’s probably get second guessed more than coaches.  

There’s definitely going to be a whole lot of “I can’t believe this guy got X dollars in NIL and is only averaging 4 ppg” discussions in college basketball now. 

That would require player unions. Again, that’s not the player that averages 4 ppg’s problem and really their production is irrelevant. It’s a free market and if somebody believes that that player’s influence can push a product then they’ll pay what they think it’s worth. 

12 hours ago, DLG3 said:

I know. “If you win there, you’re king. But if you lose, everyone turns on you.” That’s (I believe) word for word from our conversation. Again, I would argue that’s everywhere, but it’s not my place to try to reason that with family.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, if Dusty himself holds similar concerns, it kind of supports those questiong his ability to withstand the pressures here (r.e. crying after taking the FAU job).

IDK, it's still a lot of conjecture and may be moot if he takes a new job soon.

13 hours ago, DLG3 said:

I am hesitant to share this. I’m not a person with “sources,” and am not trying to claim to be someone who knows anything. I guess as much as anything, I appreciate this community and decided to share after thinking more about it. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Anyway, I know an immediate member of Dusty’s family and spoke with them last night. I try not to bother this person, but usually just say hey, I saw that FAU game the other night, etc. This person volunteered to me last night that the rumors about OSU and Dusty are true. They apparently offered him 3.5 million per year and the thing about Lebron offering more is also true. I said that I’d hate to see him go there and wished IU would hire him. This person said IU really isn’t high on Dusty’s list at all. He seems to think he wouldn’t be given adequate time, or if things didn’t go well, people would turn quickly.

This family member seemed to think (at least yesterday) that Dusty will most likely be a buckeye next year. Needless to say, I’ve been bummed ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You get paid incredibly well even if you fail here so what’s the big deal?  This is the big leagues…not Smurf ball.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Did @JerryYeagley23get told to shut up about stuff? Seems like he’s been MIA since he said he’d provide an update after the women’s tournament. 

I remember him being on here Friday night and said something about could give an update in a day or two, so if that still holds true then anytime today/tonight falls in line with that yet 

Just now, MrBBall said:

Sometimes nothing gets reported if there’s nothing really to report. 

He acted like he had some updates to share. That’s the whole point.

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

I remember him being on here Friday night and said something about could give an update in a day or two, so if that still holds true then anytime today/tonight falls in line with that yet 

Ok I must’ve missed that. 

I know this probably isn’t true and is most likely laughable, I even laugh at it myself, but I’ve gotten to the point of it running through my mind that Quinn and Woodson are just trying to make sure IU doesn’t live up to the “glory days” of when they played so they’re making sure we miss out on good hires and not risk IU being a true blue blood top 10 team all the time again. I know that’s ridiculous but when you want guys gone bad enough, stuff like that starts to circle the brain box haha. I know Quinn and Woodson love IU, so it’s like damnit if that’s the case, do what’s best for the program and be done! 

I know this probably isn’t true and is most likely laughable, I even laugh at it myself, but I’ve gotten to the point of it running through my mind that Quinn and Woodson are just trying to make sure IU doesn’t live up to the “glory days” of when they played so they’re making sure we miss out on good hires and not risk IU being a true blue blood top 10 team all the time again. I know that’s ridiculous but when you want guys gone bad enough, stuff like that starts to circle the brain box haha. I know Quinn and Woodson love IU, so it’s like damnit if that’s the case, do what’s best for the program and be done! 
Well that would be incredibly stupid!their accomplishments were great but like everyone else eventually your accomplishments get bested. The game isn't even played the same so there isn't any comparison. Sadly they will very likely be dead or close to in 20 years so why care so much. So will many of us. So it would be really nice if iu would quit horsing around a d get serious now!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

They believe they are the best for IU ..It’s just impatient fans that don’t give them the necessary time. Lol. I can go down the rabbit hole as good as anybody with conspiracy, but I do believe they care about their legacy and would like to be a great player and a great coach. He may now have got a real taste of what it takes to get that job done maybe or maybe not.

3 hours ago, ronzo4IU said:

I would imagine players hitting the portal would be announcing that anytime now.

It will be interesting to see who leaves in the portal, if any.  I assumed that Banks and Gunn might look for more playing time elsewhere.  However, playing time might cost them money.  I believe bench players at IU make more than starters at smaller schools. Cupps could transfer and not worry about NIL because he was doing well NIL wise prior to attending IU. If Cupps leaves it will be because he and his dad don't think Woodson's offense is a fit for Gabe.  IU NIL would match any NIL offers to Reneau and MgBako, so if they leave it would most likely to be closer to home or scheme fit.