Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

37 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Woodson is an arrogant terrible coach. Dakich likes clicks but speaks the truth alot also . Some posters just hate dakich cause he is not a liberal like them so they refuse to give him any credit for being right about iu bbal. Some simply cannot look past politics on anything.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

As I said in another post, it's not about what side of political fence he's on, it's about the hypocrisy, which you provided a perfect example of.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Woodson is an arrogant terrible coach. Dakich likes clicks but speaks the truth alot also . Some posters just hate dakich cause he is not a liberal like them so they refuse to give him any credit for being right about iu bbal. Some simply cannot look past politics on anything.

Bringing in politics is lame, and simply false. Dakich is a complete turd of a man, and his “statements” on IU ball are driven by his little man ego and petty anger. Not “liberal?” Lame and really shouldn’t be something you post here.

6 hours ago, Hornsby said:

When the leaks came out from woodsons camp trashing fife that was one thing they said. Clearly Woodson wanted cnn on fife didn't. Woodson wants yes men so fife did not fit the mold

Why are you making this political? If half the things said about fife were true, he absolutely deserved to be fired.

And I think it’s pretty telling he doesn’t have another job.

Why are you making this political? If half the things said about fife were true, he absolutely deserved to be fired.
And I think it’s pretty telling he doesn’t have another job.
That is what was said but whatever bottom line is he is gone.

I created a poll on X on your behalf.  Go reply yes and comment as to why you are still a Blueblood.  I know you guys can do it! https://x.com/likeyourposts/status/1754445346485207185?s=46

the aggregation period for the data is skewed imo.  They intentionally selected that date to keep Indiana off the list.  The media is at war with your program.

Edited by Eric Mack

2 hours ago, Eric Mack said:

I created a poll on X on your behalf.  Go reply yes and comment as to why you are still a Blueblood.  I know you guys can do it! https://x.com/likeyourposts/status/1754445346485207185?s=46

the aggregation period for the data is skewed imo.  They intentionally selected that date to keep Indiana off the list.  The media is at war with your program.

They selected 20 years….not exactly a small sample size.

48 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

They selected 20 years….not exactly a small sample size.

I agree, but the beginning of the aggregation was the decline years of knight. 1998 is the year Indiana started declining from an annual top ten team.  Anyways, I think you’re still a Blueblood.

Edited by Eric Mack

4 minutes ago, Eric Mack said:

I agree, but the beginning of the aggregation was the decline years of knight. 1998 is the year Indiana started declining from an annual top ten team.  Anyways, I think you’re still a Blueblood.

Thank you Eric, welcome to the board, hope to see you stick around. Again welcome aboard!

3 hours ago, Eric Mack said:

We’re still a blueblood is every aspect except, unfortunately, the most important one - winning. 

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We’re still a blueblood is every aspect except, unfortunately, the most important one - winning. 

Honestly, if you do believe to be true then there is optimism.  Just takes the right guy in place to turn it around if the resources are there.

Indiana since Knight:

451-316;  big ten 209-211.  

Throwing out this season to only include complete seasons, that would put IU at 438-307 and 204-205 in Big Ten play.  Over 24 seasons, that is an average record of about 19-13 and 10-10 in Big Ten play.  13 NCAA tournaments in 24 seasons.  17-13 record in the NCAA tournament.

So over 24 years, we have averaged being a bubble team.

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Indiana since Knight:

Throwing out this season to only include complete seasons, that would put IU at 438-307 and 204-205 in Big Ten play.  Over 24 seasons, that is an average record of about 19-13 and 10-10 in Big Ten play.  13 NCAA tournaments in 24 seasons.  17-13 record in the NCAA tournament.

That sounds right, and it of course includes the extreme first 2 years of Crean after the sanctions starting out without scholarship players. 
It’s a discussion people reasonably disagree on, but to me 1) of course we’re a blueblood - an old one, 2) of course we’ve been up and down since CMD took over after RMK’s ouster, and Sampsongate,  B1G championships sprinkled in among mediocre and terrible seasons, but 3) I couldn’t care less on the blueblood discussion - I just want IU to get back on track to a perennial contender in conference (while somehow those cheeseheads up north revert back to the crap program they were) with regular NCAA runs.

I mean, living in the Houston area watching Sampson dominate every year and having to work with UT alums always sounding off on UT basketball when the school and State really only care about football and baseball… mind numbing 

I really couldn't care less what team is 'blue blood' and who isn't.  

I care about whether the system and everything it encompasses is there to sustain winning.  And you don't have to be a traditional 'blue blood' to do that nor does being a traditional power mean you'll continue winning.

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Indiana since Knight:

This makes me nauseous just thinking how mediocre we’ve been the last 25 years and that even includes a runner-up in  2002.  Also, didn’t Sampscum have a pretty good record during his time here?

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Honestly, if you do believe to be true then there is optimism.  Just takes the right guy in place to turn it around if the resources are there.

And the Administration allows it!