Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Purdue - Tuesday, 01.16.24 @ 7:00

Man was really hoping for a better game, been a really tough week and just hoped one thing could have gone right! D@mn really in the dumps now.

Edey was ranked 436 best player in the nation coming out of HS. Painter has developed him into the best player in college bball for 2 consecutive years. I'd say that is a sign of a good coach. Not to mention the countless other players he has developed over the past decade. Who would you rather have as your HC, Painter or Woody? I think the answer is pretty obvious.  

What did he develop in Edey? “Stand here in this box, refs won’t call that archaic 3-second violation. Oh, yeah, you can push off and double dribble and you can take about 5 or 6 steps any time you want” …

19 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

FWIW< the final was actually 87-66.  Peacock score operator has it wrong, like he did most of the game.

the peacock presentations suck on all sports.  It's like the D team.  Clearly not ready for prime time.  

14 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I live in Madison, Wi. Since 2005.  I have never missed an IU/Wi game here.  Not gonna go Friday.   I don’t want to make doom predictions, but I don’t see good things happening there.

I stupidly promised someone i would go. Dreading it. No desire to even cross the street to watch this team play. 

5 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Just read both of those statements…..

IMG_5995.jpeg

How about some guards take advantage of some slower guards from Purdue instead of expecting TJD, I mean Ware, to carry you against a 7’3” All-American? Just irks me, Edey is a problem, but take advantage of Smith and Loyer. Woodson’s priorities seem so out of sync for today’s cbb 

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Good news is our schedule is tuff. We will need quality wins now to get in the tournament. Time to man up. We won't make it beating cupcakes

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I appreciate the optimism. I don’t see a realistic way into the tournament outside of a miracle happening with this team. We have far too many limitations. I’ll give credit where it’s due and be the first to eat crow if I’m wrong. 

19 minutes ago, lillurk said:

…enh. Not picking on you, lots of folks are gonna say stuff like this, but PU outscored IU by 3 from field goals tonight. Rebounds and TOs were close. Is Painter a better coach because his team shot 18 more FTs? Was he better when Woody out coached him in literally every prior matchup?

Or maybe he’s got the best player in CBB and some pretty good role players.

You can't fkg put your best players on the bench for extended minutes, fouls or no fouls.  First rule of getting out of a hole -- stop fkg digging.  

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

So, in addition to be a horrible game coach, Woody is also delusional. Time to put him out to pasture.

Yes, Woody hasn't figured out how to coach this team and it shows. 

But those statements aren't exactly delusional. 

16 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I live in Madison, Wi. Since 2005.  I have never missed an IU/Wi game here.  Not gonna go Friday.   I don’t want to make doom predictions, but I don’t see good things happening there.

True fan right here. Respect for going to all those games, most of which were horrible. 

21 minutes ago, str8baller said:

They’re bad. That 04 team was bad. A couple of Archie’s teams were brutal. A couple of creans later teams were no watches for me.   

Oh IU basketball…. How i have missed you!!!

That 04 team had at least a young DJ White who you knew was going to have a superb career. 

Man was really hoping for a better game, been a really tough week and just hoped one thing could have gone right! D@mn really in the dumps now.
I know the feeling. Have felt that way many times. Hope whatever else in your life gets better! Iu basketball however will not. Do not let it effect you to much it is so pathetic it just isn't worth it. I wish this game was a outlier and things will get better but it isn't

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Stayed on peacock and the girls game is on.  I’m not really a fan of women’s basketball.  I have nothing against it, but it’s just not my thing ya know?  So like I said, I moved north to Wisconsin for work right.  So people up here usually notice the accent and ask where I’m from.  When I tell them, many have said, “Oh yeah, you guys have a good girls basketball program”.  That kind of pisses me off to be honest.  

8 minutes ago, KYHoosier said:

Edey was ranked 436 best player in the nation coming out of HS. Painter has developed him into the best player in college bball for 2 consecutive years. I'd say that is a sign of a good coach. Not to mention the countless other players he has developed over the past decade. Who would you rather have as your HC, Painter or Woody? I think the answer is pretty obvious.  

And Eddy led teams have lost to a 13 seed and a 16 seed (lol). Dump everything in and not defend good guards is not a recipe for success in March. Yes, Edey is the best of their lumbering giants but it doesn’t change their fundamental flaw.