Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Purdue - Tuesday, 01.16.24 @ 7:00

4 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Sad part is, our schedule is very tough ahead of us. 

I live in Madison, Wi. Since 2005.  I have never missed an IU/Wi game here.  Not gonna go Friday.   I don’t want to make doom predictions, but I don’t see good things happening there.

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Edey 11 of 23 from the floor, 11 of 12 from the line.

11-23 is inexcusable when you're crowned the most dominant half-giant in college basketball.

I live in Madison, Wi. Since 2005.  I have never missed an IU/Wi game here.  Not gonna go Friday.   I don’t want to make doom predictions, but I don’t see good things happening there.
Smart man. We have never won at the kohl center.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I have really wanted this Woody thing to work, but it is just is not going to.  Sadly we will be looking for another coach to come in and provide us all some hope.  There is no way this is a tournament team this year.  The only question left to answer is if they will give him one more year or move on after this year.  

10 minutes ago, lillurk said:

…enh. Not picking on you, lots of folks are gonna say stuff like this, but PU outscored IU by 3 from field goals tonight. Rebounds and TOs were close. Is Painter a better coach because his team shot 18 more FTs? Was he better when Woody out coached him in literally every prior matchup?

Or maybe he’s got the best player in CBB and some pretty good role players.

Edey was ranked 436 best player in the nation coming out of HS. Painter has developed him into the best player in college bball for 2 consecutive years. I'd say that is a sign of a good coach. Not to mention the countless other players he has developed over the past decade. Who would you rather have as your HC, Painter or Woody? I think the answer is pretty obvious.  

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Really just truly feel tonight was for the most part where we are. In other words the refs sucked but purdue is just far better than us. We needed a bunch to go right and enough didn't. Really sad time to be a fan.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Truth.  I don’t even think the refs really mattered.  PU is just light years ahead at nearly every position, including bench.  Won’t end soon either.