Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - Tuesday, 12.05.23 @ 9:00 on Peacock TV

13 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Are we going to have a Gunn needs to start discussion…….because he needs to start.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I'd definitely have some starters on the floor when he's in. Maybe it'll take some pressure off so he doesn't try to do too much.

7 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Queen has to like seeing how our bigs perform, especially Reneau's development. I'd like to have another long athletic 7 footer like Ware though.

We need more from our starting backcourt, period. Galloway isn't a lead guard and his shooting has vanished. Johnson wasn't playing great but at least provided depth.

Gunn could be a help but so often he's as much a liability as an asset. Hopefully seeing a couple 3s go down gives him a boost.

Still need more consistency from Mgbako but he's FTs were big down the stretch.

7-1 and 2-0 to start conference, can't really complain about that.

I have very little faith in Galloway when it comes to shooting the ball.  JMHO, but his shot hasn’t vanished…he’s just an average shooter.

I will never complain about a road win, however they come. Except I didn't get to see it since I don't have Peacock. 

Very happy to have been proven wrong, I predicted we'd get blown out in our first conference road game against a team that can get hot from 3, especially considering X is out.

9 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sounds like it might be your internet connection. I have never had trouble watching anything on Peacock. Of course, I had to watch on my phone because the internet is down hear. Still looked good.

I'll second that. The previous time I had Peacock I thought the app was slow and....not the best, we'll say. Turned out my internet was not up to what it should have been. They came and fixed my feed, and now it is like a whole different app. I didn't change my service level, they just fixed it so it works as it should.

11 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, but despite the turnovers, I think the ball moves better on offense without XJ.  Is it just a coincidence or has our offense seem to have gotten better the last few games.

This flawed IU team never gave up.  Players down the bench are all starting to get it. More rebounding by others than Ware helps.  Defense is better, too.  

A tip of the ole toupee to Coach Woodson for calling a couple of timely timeouts.

Did you see the way that IU was covering the 3-point shot? Cupps makes me laugh.  Only because he is steady and a freshman on the road in the Big Ten conference games. He does seem to get the ball into the flow of the offense more quickly than X.  Nice.

Sure, there were turnovers and missed assignments; but, overall there is marked improvement in communication and knowing what to do and when.

Reneau needs to not foul.  Ware needs to not foul in the first half.  Ware needs to know what to do if and when he is doubled or cannot get open for a pass.  Standing around on offense is a killer.  Hit some free throws down the stretch and IU is a tough team to beat.  But we shall see.

Once they ran a couple of plays for individuals, things clicked again.  Everyone scored.  Everyone contributed.

1 minute ago, Dave from Dayton said:

This flawed IU team never gave up.  Players down the bench are all starting to get it. More rebounding by others than Ware helps.  Defense is better, too.  

A tip of the ole toupee to Coach Woodson for calling a couple of timely timeouts.

Did you see the way that IU was covering the 3-point shot? Cupps makes me laugh.  Only because he is steady and a freshman on the road in the Big Ten conference games. He does seem to get the ball into the flow of the offense more quickly than X.  Nice.

Sure, there were turnovers and missed assignments; but, overall there is marked improvement in communication and knowing what to do and when.

Reneau needs to not foul.  Ware needs to not foul in the first half.  Ware needs to know what to do if and when he is doubled or cannot get open for a pass.  Standing around on offense is a killer.  Hit some free throws down the stretch and IU is a tough team to beat.  But we shall see.

Once they ran a couple of plays for individuals, things clicked again.  Everyone scored.  Everyone contributed.

You're wearing a toupee?

Opening lines from a Raby game story sums it up nicely.

Over the final six minutes, Indiana answered the bell time and time again.

Need a score? Got it. Need a big rebound? Got it. Need someone to make a steal? Got it.

The Hoosiers trailed by three points with six minutes to play, but got scoring plays from five different players — Kel’el Ware, Malik Reneau, CJ Gunn, Trey Galloway and Mackenzie Mgbako — in the closing spurt to grab a 78-75 Big Ten road win at Michigan.

The Hoosiers never trailed over the final 3:16 in a game they played without injury senior starting point guard Xavier Johnson (foot/ankle).

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Read the entire thread this morning and was particularly intrigued by the National Geographic special on pandas that popped up around page 20.

What a roller coaster thread it was.  You guys and gals rock.

I also read the whole thing this morning. Wow what a wild ride. 

Lots of ups and downs. 

Raise your hand if you had us 7-1 at this point of the season. I wouldn't expect many hands

Let's keep building. 

I didn't think Cupps or Galloway played great but they always give maximum effort. 

Let's get ready to head to the ATL for Auburn. Homecoming for Banks. 

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Michigan hit a 3 to go up 59-53. I feel like that's where an Archie team would have packed it in. This team scored 7 straight to go in front. 

Just wish we ran a better fast break and quit turning it over so much. 

Packed it in —

Was that a pun on CAM’s D

lol

Love how the national media that gets all over us when we struggle and salivates at our losses, has had nothing to say after what was essentially 3 straight short-handed wins since X went out at half against Harvard. Just keep winning baby!

This Saturday is the closest I'll ever get to being an Alabama fan. Hoosiers vs Auburn and the Tide vs Purdouche lol

8 hours ago, rcs29 said:

In fact it got bad enough they stopped putting Cupps on him

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I don't see it. McDaniel went 3-14 from the floor, no 3-pointers. He did get points from the free throw line, but he certainly didn't own Cupps, or anyone we put on him.

8 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Queen has to like seeing how our bigs perform, especially Reneau's development. I'd like to have another long athletic 7 footer like Ware though.

I'm with you on that. Players like Ware don't grow on trees, but after his last play of the game I'm beginning to believe they grow into trees.