Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

37 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Why would people pay the Indy Star for the same info they could get by simply watching the presser? I'm serious here, I don't think he wrote anything that wasn't covered in press conference.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Same, this article was written like it was an insider take about what happened but it was mostly just taking quotes from the press conference

57 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Why would people pay the Indy Star for the same info they could get by simply watching the presser? I'm serious here, I don't think he wrote anything that wasn't covered in press conference.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I agree. What I would love to know, but doubt Dolson would share is:

when did he decide to make a change 

who was in his initial list

when did he first start making contacts (I know we can know this but would love to know)

did Cigs turn us down only to have us come back with a better package or did he counter and he had to go work on it. 

these are things I thought of when I saw the title of the Indy Star article but you are right there was nothing new in it 

9 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

So it sounds like so far we have 

Curt Cignetti - HC

Mike Shanahan - OC

Bryant Haines - DC

Tino Sunseri - QB/Passing Game

Bob Bostad - OL

Pat Kuntz - DL

Looks like a damn good start to a staff  

Plus his strength coach, Derek Owings, and his assistant HC/ST coach, Grant Cain.  Those have been mentioned in this thread already.

Here's a link to his JMU staff since it looks like a lot of them are joining him.

https://jmusports.com/sports/football/coaches

Several wore multiple hats, which I will imagine continues. So Shanahan as OC/WR, Haines as DC/LB, Cain as AHC/ST/TE.

Idk if any of the guys he brought so far fit the bill, but I’d like to see an assistant or two with some west coast ties. Playing 1-2 games a year out there means we’ll have a footprint, and you need someone with connections to those areas. There is so much skill talent to be had. Like Miami, LA HS football is very cliquey among the HS coaches and who recruits their schools. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Idk if any of the guys he brought so far fit the bill, but I’d like to see an assistant or two with some west coast ties. Playing 1-2 games a year out there means we’ll have a footprint, and you need someone with connections to those areas. There is so much skill talent to be had. Like Miami, LA HS football is very cliquey among the HS coaches and who recruits their schools. 

Man, you’re venturing into Biggie vs Tupac territory now…