Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

11 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Crazy that an average/above average QB on the worst team in the Big 10 is being offered that kind of money. 

That’s the kind of money that successful schools pay for a kid they they think is gonna start at QB for three straight years. And only for a QB.

Sorsby is a pretty f-ing good QB and will only get better.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s the kind of money that successful schools pay for a kid they they think is gonna start for three straight years.

Sorsby is pretty f-ing good and will only get better.

Agreed…this will really sting. Thats a kid you can build around.

I know most don’t trust much of what Walt Bell says/said, but I know he was confident he’d play in the NFL when his college days were over.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s the kind of money that successful schools pay for a kid they they think is gonna start for three straight years.

Sorsby is pretty f-ing good and will only get better.

Yup. Would imagine Sorsby would have been an appealing option for new offensive staff to work with. 

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Still could be. Get the right coach and offer the right amount. Time to start taking this football idea seriously.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I’d flip that to “offer the right amount and get the right coach”.

To be a college athlete in a revenue generating sport these days!!!! Sorsby is only a freshman and had a decent, not great, season as a QB and is looking at a half a million. 

9 hours ago, Josh said:

Bill Belicheat will most likely get fired soon.  Redemption time for him at IU?

27 minutes ago, iubb said:

I am tempted to start a rumor of BB resigning from the pats to take the IU job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wouldn't be starting it sir!

Just now, IUrocker said:

Another name I saw as a potential candidate in an article was Tommy Rees. Not saying it’s serious or not, just adding a name I saw thrown out there. 

Please no! His offense was brutal at ND as a OC and as a player. I think even at one point when he was OC Kelly had to take over play calling. 

Just me, but I’m not sure Jeff Rabjohns is the bastion of truth we all should look to for accurate information. Not saying Gruden is on or off the list (probably isn’t, but he did grow up around the program and was back waxing nostalgically in 2017 or so), but pretty sure most posters more knowledgeable than me have consistently mocked Rabjohns for not providing credible information throughout the years (I.e. he is more full of it than not). To that end, I believe all names should be considered to be on the table until someone more reputable disputes them. Just my two cents. Let the haters hate. 

Personally, and assuming the numbers of what we might be able to offer are even remotely accurate, we may get a bigger fish than some might expect. Let’s hope. 

1 hour ago, monskisprodigy said:

Agreed…this will really sting. Thats a kid you can build around.

I know most don’t trust much of what Walt Bell says/said, but I know he was confident he’d play in the NFL when his college days were over.

Yet went with Tayven and lost his job.

1 hour ago, IndyResident16 said:

Yet went with Tayven and lost his job.

I get it…Bell’s word means nothing to most on this board, which is why I included that in my post haha. Truly don’t think it mattered who started, his play calling was horrendous, deserved to be fired. 

With that said, none of us were in the room with him and Allen when that decision was made, and we will never know who’s call that was, but I don’t believe Bell had 100% say in that choice.  There was a lot at play for why I think Jackson started, but not going to beat that horse again.

I get it…Bell’s word means nothing to most on this board, which is why I included that in my post haha. Truly don’t think it mattered who started, his play calling was horrendous, deserved to be fired. 
With that said, none of us were in the room with him and Allen when that decision was made, and we will never know who’s call that was, but I don’t believe Bell had 100% say in that choice.  There was a lot at play for why I think Jackson started, but not going to beat that horse again.
I think you're absolutely correct on all counts. Bell's firing was on him (shouldn't have been hired) and Jackson over Sorsby was Allen or IU beating out Bell's choice.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Allen picks the QB. Walt alluded pretty heavily to that more than once.