Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

8 hours ago, Trish said:

I hear there are some flights coming in tomorrow from Dallas and Florida. 

Florida always throws me off. Is it a candidate? Is it someone from Cook flying back? Is it Wittman coming back to help get ready for the Big Ten season. 

7 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Just read an article that there is interest from Gruden in the job.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

So the boosters who paid the buyout for Allen want Gruden. Dolson supposedly isn't interested in Gruden. But his wife and Gruden did go to school together. But don't think he will get the job. 

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So the boosters who paid the buyout for Allen want Gruden. Dolson supposedly isn't interested in Gruden. But his wife and Gruden did go to school together. But don't think he will get the job. 

They provided the money to get rid of Allen, Dolson should probably listen and at least make the call. 

On 11/25/2023 at 8:15 PM, IndyResident16 said:

I’m genuinely asking? A contract extension was warranted, no doubt. But while making him unpoachable, Dolson made him unfirable without serious ramifications by fully guaranteeing his buyout. I don’t know anybody outside of OSU, Bama, etc who have paid $30 million just to hire Allen away from IU on top of paying him another $30-40 million in salary. 14-7 is a phenomenal two year run for IU standards, but a $60 million investment for another program during a global pandemic? Nonsense. 

Dolson shouldn’t have a job.

I don't think a contract extension was warranted. When IU went 6-2 in the pandemic season, they beat UM, MSU, Wisconsin, and PSU along with 2 others. Those 4 schools were all having terrible seasons and ended with bad records. That hardly qualifies as a great season for IU. Dolson should not be there anymore. He displayed his incompetence. No major program wanted Allen obviously. 

1 minute ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I don't think a contract extension was warranted. When IU went 6-2 in the pandemic season, they beat UM, MSU, Wisconsin, and PSU along with 2 others. Those 4 schools were all having terrible seasons and ended with bad records. That hardly qualifies as a great season for IU. Dolson should not be there anymore. He displayed his incompetence. No major program wanted Allen obviously. 

While I agree with the latter that Dolson is incompetent, I do believe Allen deserved some kind of reward for his on-field success. But yes, reward doesn’t equal fully guaranteed buyout.

15 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I don’t know how Dolson does things, but it isn’t very common for interviews/negotiations to happen on campus. These things go down at a random place for the school and the candidate. 

Usually in a conference room at an airport. 

4 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

No Dolson fan, but the women's basketball team is top 15. The men's team since he made a hire has made the tournament both seasons - which is what the AD at IU will always be measured by; and his men's soccer program is in the elite 8 among other program successes. Dolson has his flaws and I certainly don't get warm and fuzzy with the idea that he's calling the shot on this football hire after that awful Allen extension, but his incompetence hasn't done all that bad

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think if the search ended today Candle would be the pick. Fitz is well-liked by the AD but don't think he passes the test for the President. This is moving fast and still think we have a coach by Friday. 

How about Urban Meyer? ;)