Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thankfully, the players/recruits absolutely love them.  

I love them..... I always wanted a black uniform for IU football. I would maybe change a few colors of the lettering, but I think they are sweet. I would love to have a deep, metallic red helmet with the same metallic red in the lettering on the jerseys. JMO

6 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I think they look good but aren't the school colors

Spot on for me. Not that it's a big deal (it clearly isn't) but I prefer that we 'alternate jersey it up' any way that looks good, but that we only do so by featuring cream and crimson.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Spot on for me. Not that it's a big deal (it clearly isn't) but I prefer that we 'alternate jersey it up' any way that looks good, but that we only do so by featuring cream and crimson.

The best and worst IU football uniforms of the decade - The Crimson Quarry

Sub the white with true cream on these from 2019 and we're working with an all-time alternate. (And it was still very good) Red pants with some sort of cream stripe instead of cream-colored also.

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not nearly enough deviation from the norm for me to consider anything with cream/crimson an alternate, just a different verison of our regular jerseys. 

I do like the jersey above and for those who like a black alternative I would prefer charcoal black color with “Indiana” on the front like in the above picture.

I do not care for “Hoosiers”  on the front and I definitely don’t care for the font. 

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Apparently a JMU RB. Don’t remember hearing about him before today.

5'9" 205 lb. 568 yards on 126 carries (4.5 yds per), 5 TD at JMU. Also 174 yards on 19 receptions (9.2 yds per), 1 TD. Transferred there from Stony Brook (5 seasons). How does he have eligibility left? This will be year 7 for him..

https://jmusports.com/sports/football/roster/ty-son-lawton/19057#:~:text=Played in 27 career games,95 yards and a score

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4367069/ty-son-lawton

10 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

5'9" 205 lb. 568 yards on 126 carries (4.5 yds per), 5 TD at JMU. Also 174 yards on 19 receptions (9.2 yds per), 1 TD. Transferred there from Stony Brook (5 seasons). How does he have eligibility left? This will be year 7 for him..

https://jmusports.com/sports/football/roster/ty-son-lawton/19057#:~:text=Played in 27 career games,95 yards and a score

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4367069/ty-son-lawton

I am guessing he had a medical year in 2022. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

image.png

As an aside, Josh Philostin is most certainly not and does play football in "Palm Beach, Florida."

Cardinal Newman is a large, private Catholic high school in West Palm Beach, in a middle class neighborhood.

I saw a local kid signed with IU back in November and decided to stay with CCC. Caleb King, Pekin, Indiana, 6'5" DE/TE. Not listed on 247, but had interest/offers from IU, Louisville, UK, UIndy, Air Force, Army, Butler, Penn, and Souther Ill. He will be on campus in January as a mid-term graduate.