Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

23 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Yawn.

You just won’t let it rest, will you?

One trick pony for sure 

Not until Woodson proves me wrong. I have more than one trick pony, but gonna ride this one until it's done.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

No one is telling you to believe everything. Some people have a track record of credibility. Some people regurgitate things they read elsewhere. Other people just make stuff up for attention. 

You would have to ignore reality to believe that certain posters don’t have “inside information.” It doesn’t mean they’re right 100% of the time. Sometimes situations change. Sometimes people get bad information. But they clearly have connections based on the information they’ve shared on here. Why does it bother you when they share it? Even if they’re wrong it makes things more interesting on the board. 

I totally believe that Chris007 has good information that Mullins is planning on picking U Conn.  I just believe that 11 days prior to a decision can be an eternity.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I also agree that we still have a long way to go before the 23rd. It’s been stated that he hasn’t made a decision yet so I guess he’s leaning towards UCONN but still think we can pull this out. 

Hopefully Coach Woodson is on the phone and hasn’t given up.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I have been told by a credible source that it’s not likely going to be IU, but it’s not an officially communicated to UConn situation.

80/20 UConn

My source said the exact same thing!  I said it over a month ago and people on this board made it feel like I hurt one of their family members and I was a total A-hole!  But I said the same thing then and now there is proof of that now, he ain’t coming to IU.  CMW is going to strike out again in these long term HS recruits!  There is a lot of money we are spending on these HS recruits that we are only half assing it and maybe he just needs to utilize those resources elsewhere 

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

My source said the exact same thing!  I said it over a month ago and people on this board made it feel like I hurt one of their family members and I was a total A-hole!  But I said the same thing then and now there is proof of that now, he ain’t coming to IU.  CMW is going to strike out again in these long term HS recruits!  There is a lot of money we are spending on these HS recruits that we are only half assing it and maybe he just needs to utilize those resources elsewhere 

How are we spending $$ on these recruits if we don’t sign them? And if you mean spend a lot of money during the recruiting process, that doesn’t really align with “half assing.” I don’t necessarily disagree with all that you said but you can’t have your cake and eat it too

23 minutes ago, IUbmann said:

How are we spending $$ on these recruits if we don’t sign them? And if you mean spend a lot of money during the recruiting process, that doesn’t really align with “half assing.” I don’t necessarily disagree with all that you said but you can’t have your cake and eat it too

Well we foot the bill on every Official Visit but my half-assing comment comes from my source stating not making him a priority until he became a 5 star.  That’s half-assing it!  It’s be told to me that Woodson doesn’t make 4 star recruits priorities.  I think 4 and 5 star in-state recruits should be priorities 

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Well we foot the bill on every Official Visit but my half-assing comment comes from my source stating not making him a priority until he became a 5 star.  That’s half-assing it!  It’s be told to me that Woodson doesn’t make 4 star recruits priorities.  I think 4 and 5 star in-state recruits should be priorities 

My source says that's not true. 

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

I lost serious interest in this recruitment a while ago. The drama surrounding high school kids is just too much. A second or third year portal guy is likely to be better than a freshman who really wants to be gone after one year. And money allocated to him goes back into the pot for someone else.

^^^this!

I've accepted we've lost out on this one (and the other). I've also accepted we could have a helluva season this year with the deepest roster we've had in a long while. The next round of recruiting PR will start when this season tips off. As much as I like Mullins as a prosepct the reality of college basketball is there will always be the next 'big' recruit. Indiana is just days away from a season that can draw the attention of top talents in the upcoming classes.

4 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

So was UCONN all over him before he became a  5 star?

Just a really lazy take.

I agree with many Woody issues but we have been all over Mullins for multi-years, have been  to his home , games, practices, groveled the requisite number of times  and have offered a huge bag.
In your opinion what else should we have done????

The kid might just want to go to the program that has won the last two natty’s. If so, OK, but to spin it that the staff was lazy/late just isn’t true.

11 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Sisley(4☆)?

8 hours ago, DChoosier said:

So was UCONN all over him before he became a  5 star?

Just a really lazy take.

I agree with many Woody issues but we have been all over Mullins for multi-years, have been  to his home , games, practices, groveled the requisite number of times  and have offered a huge bag.
In your opinion what else should we have done????

The kid might just want to go to the program that has won the last two natty’s. If so, OK, but to spin it that the staff was lazy/late just isn’t true.

That about sums it up!