Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

1 hour ago, Demo said:

https://x.com/HSTopRecruiting/status/1830660804905181511

IU in home visit Wednesday, per this guy. Never seen this feed before, but Schumann follows it, as do Kenya and Howard, and now me.

Seems like this recruitment is getting more complicated and extremely congested!  He’s going to play this out until the final days, IMO.  Too many blue blood teams involved with a very good NIL dollars, it’s going to be hard for us to be above UConn and Kensucky, IMO

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Seems like this recruitment is getting easier.  Hometown team,  blue blood  that’s about to land a 5 star at the SG position and a blue blood thats geography is a negative against them.   Going to be hard for the blue bloods to over come the home team in this one in my opinion 

It is both flattering and intriguing for a local top 50 kid to be recruited nationally and by blue bloods.

But then reality sets in; the choice isn't IU or "a bunch of exciting new places that want me;"

• It's IU or Lexington Kentucky; three hours away, all opponents even farther away, and a new coach who hasn't put anyone in the NBA at a school that hasn't been all that recently, or
  • Or it's IU vs UConn, the #1 program in the country, but a one hour drive to the Hartford airport and then a one stop flight through Atl or Chicago to get to the Indianapolis airport and then another one hour drive to the house. So an eight hour trip home or an eight hour trip for mom and dad and friends to see you and see you play.

So I still like our chances.

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Home Depot = IU

Menards = PU

Lowes = UCONN

Ace Hardware = All other participants

Hang on, Menards rocks. I can get Jacks pizza and also supplies for an entire new construction home all 11% off*.

*in form of rebate, only to be used at Menards, but still.

29 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Jesper Johnson to UK so that should help IU with Mullins hopefully. 

Definitely. People have been trying to sell the idea of Johnson as a PG for the last couple of years. No, that kid has no facilitating instincts of any kind. He is a pure scorer.

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Wonder what would affect his comort level with IU's staff ... 

Is he not terribly fond of Woody & staff to begin with? 

Does he like Woody & staff, but worries they won't be around for more than a couple years?