Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Ok it's a good day to get the visits for Ware and my boy Dalton on the books. 

Ware is a roll of the dice. 

I've read enough to know that he's a polite, respectful kid, that admittedly, by his own account, is an extreme introvert and needs to work on his motor. But dang, he's a good kid and hyper-hyper talented.

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/arkansas-basketball-kelel-ware-transfer-portal-oregon/

Ware is a huge roll of the dice. 
I've read enough to know that he's a polite, respectful kid, that admittedly, by his own account, is an extreme introvert and needs to work on his motor. But dang, he's a good kid and hyper-hyper talented.
https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/arkansas-basketball-kelel-ware-transfer-portal-oregon/

I like the idea. Possible/likely rim protector. Can shoot free throws. Thinks and kinda can shoot the 3 which is amazing. If fit, fits I’m all aboard.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Per Mike "The Daily Hoosier" Schumann, we are firmly in the mix for Kel'el Ware:

"Indiana is quietly making progress with one of the top big men in the transfer portal.

In fact, Oregon transfer center Kel’el Ware may be on campus in Bloomington for an official visit very soon according to sources.  He is ranked as the No. 8 overall player in the portal according to On3, and the No. 2 center."

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

In the timeline where we get Ware, though, we get him AND Malik. Doubt we get Malik if Ware comes last year.

I get that. I don't mean logistically... I mean, how we would have been through the roof. I would still be absolutely through the roof to add him. 

Big time option. Even the idea of 25/15 -30-10 split with him and Sparks is exciting because you can present 2 options at the 5 that do things differently on O and D depending on matchup.  Makes perfect sense to me. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Big time option. Even the idea of 25/15 -30-10 split with him and Sparks is exciting because you can present 2 options at the 5 that do things differently on O and D depending on matchup.  Makes perfect sense to me. 

Thinking the option is intriguing, but his motor will initially frustrate the living hell out of our fans. There will be so so much venting about why he cannot do the things he is capable of doing talent-wise.

By the end of his first year at IU could be a home run though.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Thinking the option is intriguing, but his motor will initially frustrate the living hell out of our fans. There will be so so much venting about why he cannot do the things he is capable of doing talent-wise.

By the end of his first year at IU could be a home run though.

Yeah, that would be why Sparks would be a nice backup.  He’s strong suit is motor so if Motor is turning on Sparks could be the Spark he needs to get that butt in gear.