Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Michigan - Sunday, 3/5/23 @ 4:30 on CBS

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I posted this earlier today.

Today's farwell speeches are supposed to be streamed on:  https://www.facebook.com/events/145256048453780/

Worst case, I'm sure you can listen to them on https://whcc105.com/

Stuff will be on You Tube later too.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

TJD ended up 1 point and 7 rebounds short of Edey in conference play.

But he lead the league in blocks and was SIXTH in assists.

That is an all time statistical season, at least compared to one’s peers anyways.  

People here have made a good case that the unbalanced schedule probably cost us the league title. If so, it probably cost TJD PotY in the B1G too.

5 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Hung on for the win. Guys look spent. If you would have told me we finished 2nd in conference ( if NW loses) without X I would have said you are crazy.

My confidence is low this team does anything in the post season.

One thing about it, this team finds ways to win while almost finding ways to lose too!  It’s kind of hard to have any post season success when a team reply’s so heavily on one or two players in most games!  You need to have a more balanced scoring team with at least 4 players averaging double figures but have a go to guy and a guy who can create his own shot with the shot clock winding down.  This team has 2 of the 3, though!  The later 2, which has carried us all season

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

Hung on for the win. Guys look spent. If you would have told me we finished 2nd in conference ( if NW loses) without X I would have said you are crazy.

Only way I see us making any noise in the Big Dance is if Bates finally steps it up and becomes the player we thought we recruited! If that happens it would make a huge difference...also Geronimo is a wildcard!

Holy cow...this team just finds ways to win these games. Michigan both times. Illinois at home. Sweeping Purdue. Credit to them for fighting through. I still worry this is going to hurt us in the end. 

1) Trayce has to be the best player since Calbert, right? Dude just carries us. Can't replace a guy like that. 

2) Race Thompson (minus the missed freebies at the end) came up huge. He works so hard and does so many little things. 

3) I hope the biggest thing that comes out of this game, outside of getting that double-bye, is confidence for Tamar Bates. He hit some BIG shots. 

Looks like Maryland or Illinois on Friday night, assuming they don't get upset. I felt this game was a must win. No way could IU play in the 8-9 game with all the expectations coming into this year. Credit to the players and coaches for this win. Now...the real season starts! Let's win the whole thing!

38 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Personally, I like the 3 seed.  First game against either Maryland -- who is horrible on the road -- and likely Nebraska.  Also would mean the other team in our bracket with a double bye is Northwestern.

Honestly, I don’t think there is that much difference between the 2 and 3 seeds; however, I agree with you, I wouldn’t mind playing Maryland on a neutral court

19 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I feel much the same. I’m happy for the guys for what they accomplished. They faced a lot of adversity and stumbled a few times, but they answered the bell enough times that they can hold their heads high.  

I’m not real high on our tourney chances. I think it will be really dependent on the draw. Give us Tennesse’s and Iowa States (good defensive teams that aren’t real explosive on offense) and I think we could make a little run. Give us good offensive teams that can put up a ton of points (Marquettes and Arizonas of the world) and I don’t think we’re consistent enough on either side of the ball to stay with good offenses. A small 3point shooting mid maj team could run us off the floor in round 1.