Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Since Caitlin Clark has one year left bringing her from Iowa…could that be a thing nowadays?

High picks from the ten second line and shots from there and behind logos across the country.

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

Since Caitlin Clark has one year left bringing her from Iowa…could that be a thing nowadays?

High picks from the ten second line and shots from there and behind logos across the country.

“From the beak…” could be “from Lake Michigan…”

21 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That was one point but I wasn’t including that, but Reneau could possibly fill that roll.  I’m talking about once he outlets the ball, he sprints like heck down the court and someone hits him with a pass or a lob, like a secondary break.  I haven’t seen that hardly at all from him

Zeller could put on a clinic for just that one part of basketball!

19 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Zeller could put on a clinic for just that one part of basketball!

You got that right!!!  He was one of the best at it.  TJD wasn’t bad either 

21 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

You got that right!!!  He was one of the best at it.  TJD wasn’t bad either 

Zeller did it from day one though. TJD started to figure it out full time his Junior year, Maybe part way through his sophomore year.

3 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Zeller did it from day one though. TJD started to figure it out full time his Junior year, Maybe part way through his sophomore year.

People still undervalue Zeller like crazy. Everyone remembers Dipo and his rise but forget how great Zeller was from day 1. Sure he had some flaws, but he made a 12 win team into a 26 win team as a freshman. Without a doubt outplayed Anthony Davis twice that year. Media ripped him apart his sophomore year unfortunately. A lot of negativity towards him for whatever reason. Most talk was of Dipo or Burke.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

People still undervalue Zeller like crazy. Everyone remembers Dipo and his rise but forget how great Zeller was from day 1. Sure he had some flaws, but he made a 12 win team into a 26 win team as a freshman. Without a doubt outplayed Anthony Davis twice that year. Media ripped him apart his sophomore year unfortunately. A lot of negativity towards him for whatever reason. Most talk was of Dipo or Burke.

I loved Zeller, hell that whole team!  I think that is why that Syracuse loss hurt so bad for me.  I still blame Crean for the gameplay, or lack thereof!  I was still pissed that whole Saturday after. Haven't loved an IU team like that since!

The lack of preparedness this team has had from the start of the season exists for a few reasons that have been covered plenty of times. Tonight it feels like prioritizing having a seat at the table with top talent over recruiting to fit a certain system/style of play/philosophy is what's so painfully obviously wrong. We've got no chemistry. How much time could have possibly gone into evaluating Mgbako and Ware given the late spring/portal commitment timelines? We're not building a program, we're rolling out the basketballs and trusting that we've got better guys who Mike can put in better position to win than the other coach. It's not working. We don't have an identity. 

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying Mgbako or Ware are the problem, at all. I'm afraid to think of what this team would look like without them. Just illustrating that the staff's FA approach of just draft/sign the best talent and work the rest out once they're on the roster... does not seem to translate to CBB. We've swung and missed too many times for it to work.

9 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

The lack of preparedness this team has had from the start of the season exists for a few reasons that have been covered plenty of times. Tonight it feels like prioritizing having a seat at the table with top talent over recruiting to fit a certain system/style of play/philosophy is what's so painfully obviously wrong. We've got no chemistry. How much time could have possibly gone into evaluating Mgbako and Ware given the late spring/portal commitment timelines? We're not building a program, we're rolling out the basketballs and trusting that we've got better guys who Mike can put in better position to win than the other coach. It's not working. We don't have an identity. 

The more I think about it, the more frustration builds with Dolson. This is really his fault. What was he expecting? Woodson had zero coaching experience at the college level. He had no understanding of any nuances. They pretty much had to build his staff for him. It’s gets more and more embarrassing the further you step back and reflect. This was a house of cards from the onset. We’ve essentially been relying on Archie Miller’s Indiana staff to get our 60+ year old nba coach caught up to speed. What….An….EMBARRASSMENT!! 

I’ll say this. If I were the owner of a franchise and my general manager botched a hire this badly, there is no scenario in which he would be around to make the next hire. 

Dolson is either not fit for the job, or the rumors of Brad Stevens leaving us with our pants down, has to be true. 

The more I think about it, the more frustration builds with Dolson. This is really his fault. What was he expecting? Woodson had zero coaching experience at the college level. He had no understanding of any nuances. They pretty much had to build his staff for him. It’s gets more and more embarrassing the further you step back and reflect. This was a house of cards from the onset. We’ve essentially been relying on Archie Miller’s Indiana staff to get our 60+ year old nba coach caught up to speed. What….An….EMBARRASSMENT!! 

I’ll say this. If I were the owner of a franchise and my general manager botched a hire this badly, there is no scenario in which he would be around to make the next hire. 

Dolson is either not fit for the job, or the rumors of Brad Stevens leaving us with our pants down, has to be true. 
Buckner is all I will say. He shoved woodson down dolson's throat. Hope quinn is happy

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I will admit I was not following things as closely during the Glass to Dolson transition so a bit shaky on some of my timelines. But I'm willing to cut Dolson a little slack based on the Cignetti hire and some of the other renovations/investments being put into football. I don't think the guy's too bad at fundraising. The search that resulted in Woody's hire was Dolson's first I believe, so it's possible he thought he had Stevens and made a rookie mistake. I'll give one pass... the next basketball hire has to be right. But... we've been saying that.

Just now, Hornsby said:

Buckner is all I will say. He shoved woodson down dolson's throat. Hope quinn is happy

I don’t pretend to know the intimate details. I just know that whoever was behind this, either scrambled, bc there was no real contingency, or they have no business making these high level decisions. It’s a clown show at Indiana University. That is an absolute truth. 

I just come here instead of the actual game threads now lol.

Just remember, with each poor showing we are closer to finding a coach that will work. May not be the next guy. Or the next guy. Or the next two after that. I may be dead when we finally land him. But technically we are closer to finding 'that' guy. 

I don’t pretend to know the intimate details. I just know that whoever was behind this, either scrambled, bc there was no real contingency, or they have no business making these high level decisions. It’s a clown show at Indiana University. That is an absolute truth. 
Correct the national media was laughing at the hire from what I remember.

I think it’s possible this is the dumbest team I’ve watched. Ever.

Stupid flagrant fouls. 2-foul autobenching killing our own chances. Not shooting enough threes, AND bad shooters launching long twos? Like it’s one thing if you take a ton of shots at the rim, but just lots of the worst shots you can take. 
Simply not enough good players, PLUS an open scholarship, while everyone agrees IU’s NIL is quite good? Are we to believe NO ONE was taking the cash?