Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Why does a team with the possession arrow call timeout when their is a tie up? Wouldn't  it be better to save the timeout?

I'm guessing you mean there is a scramble for the ball or something like that and they call a TO before the tie-up occurs?

If so, I can think of 2 reasons:

1) the player may not be thinking about the possession arrow and is just making sure they keep the ball

2) they may want to keep the possession arrow in their favor and are willing to burn a TO in order to do so. This would make sense to do late in the game but not early.

21 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Moneyball rule -- if we have guys who can shoot, why don't they shoot good?  I would rather have good high-percentage shots than volume.    An open 3 with 20 seconds on the clock for Jordan Hulls is high percentage.  For our current guys, it's basically a turnover.  Offense should work to get that high-percentage shot, which is different for each player.  Our offense doesn't do that.  The ball sticks.  Movement stops.  Defenses  just have to stand there and defend.   

Part of a reason a guy doesn’t shot good is not getting it in rhythm.  We don’t set picks for our shooters and a lot of times our players aren’t getting a clean pass.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Part of a reason a guy doesn’t shot good is not getting it in rhythm.  We don’t set picks for our shooters and a lot of times our players aren’t getting a clean pass.

I can accept that.  They could use a lot of work on that.   So no reason to take a less than ideal shot early in the clock.  

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Truth, which is the same truth with Cupps.  Why in the world are the coaches not coaching them on this??

I was just thinking last night that Cupps shot might be easier to fix.  His energy on the shot is less and if he could concentrate on getting set better before going up it should yield to much better results. 

Or in shooting position.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Can we get rid of these ultra graphic courts.  TCU court is unwatchable.  Second only to Oregon.  

Florida International's court is the worst IMO.  Can't find the three point line or out of bounds line.

ab.FIU%20Court.png?auto=format,compress&

Florida International's court is the worst IMO.  Can't find the three point line or out of bounds line.
ab.FIU%2520Court.png?auto=format,compress%26fit=max%26q=70%26w=1200&key=eae9ea1d445796fd8488ca115a0f1660ea967e7b1e51272d72286635a74f2390
Really gives you that beach vibe though doesn't it? Like I'd forget I was watching a game and just imagine the waves washing up. That's mostly because I wouldn't be able to tell where the court was but still......just ahhhh.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

So this one looks like it's over. Have to hope you can pull off an upset vs. Wiscy and/or Illinois, but optimism for that at an all time low. 
This entire year has been so mehhhhhhh/yuckkkkk

Yeah, this is a ‘fire the coach’ type season. But it’s not time yet, so we will suffer next year first.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

On the bright side, Mack has really been playing pretty well lately. He'd be a great sophomore, I think... the down side is, I'm really not sure if he does have a sophomore year that it would be here. I really really hope we can retain him. Because if you assume he leaves, as Ware will, there's really not a lot to be hopeful for about next season either. Sitting duck season is no place for this program to be. 

I'm rooting for Woody and the team to figure it out/turn things around, just also being kinda realistic about things. 

On 1/9/2024 at 9:52 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

They’re consistently good at doing just enough to make the pitchfork fans look slightly overeager. They’ll have stinkers like Nebraska and tonight but then they’ll have games like OSU  to quell the grumbling. Personally I don’t really watch the games anymore. Even when we win it’s usually ugly. Woody coaches a system straight out of 2003. It’s brutal to watch. At least Crean’s teams were fun. 

As I said.. convincing win against Minnesota and then a disgrace a few days later against Purdue. I have no disillusions about Woody being fired after this season, but we’ve seen enough during his tenure to know he’s not the answer. 

The wheels are coming off the bus tonight. Either buckle up or tune out. I’m going to tune out. I don’t have the stomach to watch this program take its final death blow. I’ve been through each stage of emotions with IU but I’ve always had hope it could be turned around. I no longer have that. I cannot see a scenario in which this program ever gets back to an elite level. We are too far gone. From top to bottom. Dusty May isn’t going to come in here and save this program. The guys who possess the ability to come in and do it will NEVER get considered here. We’ll win a Rose Bowl before we make another final four. I’d bet my house on it.