Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ebridges24

Xavier and Race

On 12/20/2022 at 5:55 AM, btownqb said:

He wasn't horrible against AZ. He was actually pretty good. He didn't shoot a high % from the field... 

But 26mpg 11p 11a and only 2 TOs. 

Kansas he played like 9 mins. Unquestionably he was poor against RU+Neb.

Losing XJ is a massive loss. 

I think more telling is that in our only 2 good wins he was pretty good. He had 20 or more points, rebounded well and handled the ball/hit FTs in both the UNC and Xavier wins.  

We haven’t seemed to win very many tough games without him playing good. 

Anyone have more specifics on what kind of injury/surgery? Quick googling looks like basketball players returning from foot surgery can expect anywhere from ~3 to 10 weeks’ recovery to return. I know we have some medical experts on the board….

15 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Anyone have more specifics on what kind of injury/surgery? Quick googling looks like basketball players returning from foot surgery can expect anywhere from ~3 to 10 weeks’ recovery to return. I know we have some medical experts on the board….

So worst case scenario is still this season, best case is late January?

That'd work for me.

Win our share, make the tourney, and get cooking.

Let’s hope X makes speedy and full recovery. 

This is a significant loss….could very well impact our wins and losses. Don’t know what the timeline is but let’s hope X can get back before the tournament with a game or two under his belt. I would hate to have to play a fully healthy marginally seeded IU team in the tournament that’s playing their best ball.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So worst case scenario is still this season, best case is late January?

That'd work for me.

Win our share, make the tourney, and get cooking.

Yeah short of a catastrophe the worst case scenario is working him back the week before the BTT, based on a couple peer-reviewed abstracts. The “worst cases” in the studies were much older athletes (30 and 38 in one of them).

The worst case scenario, both for IUBB and for X's career, would be if the injury diminished his elite skill -- quickness.

This is not good news, but a broken foot seems to be an injury that, once healed, will allow him to play at full speed.

This team and injuries, unbelievable. With TJD having back issues again and XJ out for an extended period, preparation for next season may be about to begin.
Iu and injuries has seemingly been unbelievable for years. I know people will say it's just cause I follow iu and all other schools have injuries. I disagree we almost always have a key player out with injuries it seems or multiple players. We seemingly always find out after season our star player had a severe injury he fought through limiting his ability lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

X tweeted out thanking everyone for their support and 0 gone be back on the court soon. Maybe some hope there that this is the shorter recovery?

Right, the specifics of the injury and surgery matter. If he has one of the lesser foot injuries that require surgery, we might have him back sooner

56 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Hearing fifth metatarsal, Jones fracture? (I’m not medical, so don’t know what that means)

Not comparing the two players but the situation..what was the mood when JBJ got hurt for the 2015 season? Was probably IU's 2nd leading scorer. Team wasn't ranked and had kind of underachieved. Bottom line: season's not over. Team has to step up. It does sound like he could return at some point in February.