Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Xavier - Friday, 11/18/22 @ 6:00 on FS1

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

We GAVE them 4 points for those two actions. 
 

What do you gain by doing that?

What do you lose by doing that?

If I’m Woodson, I’m letting both guys have it. Those are the kind of plays that get you beat. Gotta be better.

Those techs shouldn't have been called because neither were bad at all.  If ours were techs then Xavier should had a tech on Fremantle after his dunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Those techs shouldn't have been called because neither were bad at all.  If ours were techs then Xavier should had a tech on Fremantle after his dunk.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/35055281
 

Take a look at Freemantle. 
 

Does he say something or look? Yeah.

Does he stop and do it? No.

If you’re going to do it, don’t be obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I don't get the Kopp hate. Would be ideal to have a better player at that spot? Sure, of course. But that doesn't exist on this roster, at least not yet. 

Kopp is a solid shooter and a threat defenses have to respect. One more three last night and he's 2-5 and nobody is complaining. 

Beyond that, he plays good, tough perimeter defense, knows and understands the system on both ends, doesn't really turn it over, etc.  

Until Bates, or someone else, steps up their game, shows they understand the system and is consistent defensively, Kopp is the best option. 

Coaches play the guys they trust. 

Agree about a better option but Kopp is not good. Kopp had two silly turnovers that counted as turnovers and at least two other shots that were turnovers. He shouldn't shoot anything inside the arc, ever. He airballed a floater (?) bad. He chucked one that wasn't close to going in. (up against the shot clock). He wasn't as bad in this game but he is consistently over helping, leaving his man for WIDE OPEN looks from deep.

If he would have doubled his makes on just one more shot... he's a little above average at the one thing we need him to be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Do we FINALLY HAVE SOME DAWGS?

10 years after WayneFleek begged for some Dogssss.

dmXavier Johnson gonna give to ya!


Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I believe we have two and possibly a third. I wish that included our best player. It's nice to have nice young men on the team but they just don't have that switch they can turn it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Agree about a better option but Kopp is not good. Kopp had two silly turnovers that counted as turnovers and at least two other shots that were turnovers. He shouldn't shoot anything inside the arc, ever. He airballed a floater (?) bad. He chucked one that wasn't close to going in. (up against the shot clock). He wasn't as bad in this game but he is consistently over helping, leaving his man for WIDE OPEN looks from deep.

If he would have doubled his makes on just one more shot... he's a little above average at the one thing we need him to be great.

You are the only one banging the drum on kopp overhelping. He is actually a pretty good off ball defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Would have liked to see us handle being up 8 late in the game a little better but still say we gutted out a tough road win. Next.

Agree100%. Have to think as guys continue to play real games we improve in all areas. Sometimes guys look great in practice because they know each other so well. It's a different story when seeing an opponent for the first time. Good film for the coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

You are the only one banging the drum on kopp overhelping. He is actually a pretty good off ball defender.

He is good at chasing the opponents "shooter." If you have the games recorded from last season go back and watch Kopp on defense. He consistently over helped and lacked the quickness to get back out to his man. This happened over and over and over again in games. He gets confused in ball screens too and where the "My bad" originated. You don't have to take my word for it. Here are the stats to back up that he is not a good defender.

984622938_ScreenShot2022-11-19at6_08_34PM.thumb.png.eebfd6162853a9ff2402c39ff8c89e61.png

1423640405_ScreenShot2022-11-19at6_09_35PM.thumb.png.b9ebeacf724d2d80157de605c8f50671.png

Kopp is an above (?) average shooter that does little else. He doesn't defend well, his rebounding is pretty much nonexistent, the majority of shots inside the arc are turnovers, and he rarely assists. He spreads the floor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredibly hostile environment. Really good opponent. I thought we saw a little of who was ready for that and who wasn't. Our performance overall was closer to our floor than our ceiling. Good to get the win, thank you TJD, and learn something about our team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/35055281
 

Take a look at Freemantle. 
 

Does he say something or look? Yeah.

Does he stop and do it? No.

If you’re going to do it, don’t be obvious.

Buuuuut...he deserved a tech.  Right?  And him not getting one was one-sided officiating, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Josh said:

Buuuuut...he deserved a tech.  Right?  And him not getting one was one-sided officiating, right?

Did he deserve a tech or not isn’t the question. It’s was he obvious as X or Malik were.

And the answer is no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

He is good at chasing the opponents "shooter." If you have the games recorded from last season go back and watch Kopp on defense. He consistently over helped and lacked the quickness to get back out to his man. This happened over and over and over again in games. He gets confused in ball screens too and where the "My bad" originated. You don't have to take my word for it. Here are the stats to back up that he is not a good defender.

984622938_ScreenShot2022-11-19at6_08_34PM.thumb.png.eebfd6162853a9ff2402c39ff8c89e61.png

1423640405_ScreenShot2022-11-19at6_09_35PM.thumb.png.b9ebeacf724d2d80157de605c8f50671.png

Kopp is an above (?) average shooter that does little else. He doesn't defend well, his rebounding is pretty much nonexistent, the majority of shots inside the arc are turnovers, and he rarely assists. He spreads the floor?

!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Incredibly hostile environment. Really good opponent. I thought we saw a little of who was ready for that and who wasn't. Our performance overall was closer to our floor than our ceiling. Good to get the win, thank you TJD, and learn something about our team.

Excellent points.

Trayce was an absolute man. Xavier had no one who could stop him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Did he deserve a tech or not isn’t the question. It’s was he obvious as X or Malik were.

And the answer is no.

It was my question.  Do you think he deserved a tech?  Shouldn't he have gotten one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Josh said:

It was my question.  Do you think he deserved a tech?  Shouldn't he have gotten one?

In my opinion, he wasn’t overly demonstrative to draw attention of the official, whereas X and Malik were.

The Xavier player who should have gotten T’d up was Jones when he fouled out. He was bitching in a very demonstrably fashion and most certainly deserved one.

Anyone upset that it wasn’t called “evenly” isn’t being realistic. It’s a road game. What SHOULD happen vs what does is a reality you have to deal with. What is encouraging, though, is even though we got called for two techs and Xavier wasn’t T’d up when they probably deserved to be, we still left town with a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Disagree completely. That Xavier team is tough and we had to be at least 10 points better than them bc that home crowd was worth at least that much. We beat Xavier by a minimum of 10 at AH. Kansas barely eeked out a home W against mighty Southern Utah today. UNC has nearly gotten beat at home by teams FAR worse than Xavier. “Bona Fide”…… pfft. This Hoosiers team is right up there with those guys. Everyone can get touched this season. 

Won't pretend that I think we are ready for UNC or Kansas, but the Xavier win will likely "age well"... 

Xavier will win a lot of games, and might be a dance team. 

Good road win. Just need to keep improving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×