Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PG Boogie Fland to Kentucky

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is DQ even committing in October

Doubtful. I expect right around the early enrollment period unless he quickly commits to Maryland after the visit there.

34 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Honestly I think 247 Rivals should require predictions on the the top 25.  That way can see who has real connections and just who playing the averages

I agree!  These are predictions based off the information and intel that is presented to them.  It’s not a prediction if you’ve heard from a family or the player themselves.  247 Crystal Ball predictors needs to grow some large Crystal Balls!!!

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

In the old way of recruiting I would of agreed with you but with the portal and kids still to open up in the spring I think you will see staffs go big early and then know they have backup plans if things don’t work out early.   This staff has shown they have no problem jumping into short recruitments.   While not ideal if a staff doesn’t get their  top targets  early it’s no longer a death sentence to miss out on them in todays landscape in my opinion 

Understand this, but I'd still like to have a strong class ready to sign in the fall. In the past decade or so, we've rarely had a class we felt really good about before the games began. A killer class can help the fanbase relax a little when we've just dropped our third straight game in January and the NIT talk starts up. And it's not every year we can count on a guy dropping Duke and looking our way. 

55 minutes ago, J34 said:

Still don't think he'd pick his announcement on the day of HH, to announce for UK. Seems like a great kid and family. They respect Woody and staff too much to rain on anyone's parade.

^^ this is a very good point. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

He disputes that it was. Or they filmed two

I think you were the one who mentioned it here.  Did you hear it from nascardude or a better source than that

1 hour ago, JimmerNoe said:

Didn’t he change it to this shortly before Liam announced and then change it back? I’m sure he knows how closely some follow these things lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be more meaningful if it were more recent

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Because you can't spend all this time on 3 recruits and only get one. They chose not to prioritize Mustaf, Betsey, Swartz, and others because they narrowed it down to these 3.

Also...I don't want this to be negative at all! I applaud what they are doing. But I think in this approach you need to get at least 2. We have one so far.  

Not in today's landscape.  Ke'lel Ware and MM made the IU incoming class pretty damn good.

7 minutes ago, JustWinWoody said:

Agree.  Aren't Renau and Queen's games very similar anyway?

My eyeballs tell me Queen is much more skilled than both of those players. I'd almost rather have Queen than Fland. I think Queen will be a fantastic stat stuffer guy. He's gonna gobble up rebounds and have tip ins and get a ton of easy buckets. 

3 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think Eric from the Hyserics podcast has said that rarely a recruitment changes at the last minute because of NIL. Boogie is comfortable with both UK's and IU's NIL package to be his final two. I am pretty sure he has his mind made up. We just have to wait another day. Obviously, we know the impact this commitment would have on this program. If he goes to UK, it'll sting. The staff put all their eggs in his basket. It would make Derik Queen a must get IMO. Would have to work hard in April to land a transfer PG. I do trust this staff though. 

My take: Nobody really knows. I think both sides feel good and they should. I think IU would be a great fit and personally that would be my prediction. But UK wouldn't surprise me. 

He also said that Mark Cuban has no role whatsoever in NIL

5 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

If any of you are active on Peegs you should ask him what he thinks is happening when Cuban starts to follow a commit who then announces for IU a short time later.  Maybe he just talks the them about all the doors IU opens or maybe there is more but there does seem to be something happening

5 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

The way I have heard it framed is that sometimes Cuban is able to step in and fill in already committed money so other boosters can redirect their already made commitments to NIL. That is something I had heard I have no clue if it’s true.