Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I agree. Didn't say anything in support of Woody. Just sharing what Lasley posted. I 100% agree, Woody has to win big next season with this line up.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

At least has to be in competition at the top of the B1G, barring injuries. Have to win well with this squad. 
And for me, bring fun basketball back, I’m looking forward to seeing good, fun bball — please.

I agree. Didn't say anything in support of Woody. Just sharing what Lasley posted. I 100% agree, Woody has to win big next season with this line up.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yes, no doubt he won the off season. Great roster still with 2 openings. Credit where it’s due, but the extra $2M helped, and Woodson has to deliver or it’s all for naught.

55 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Say it ain't so Rod! Sheesh, this is bad enough. I'd say this is the end of the little academy, will be damn near impossible to recover from this!

Meanwhile, Painter appeared at the Fort Wayne Boys and Girls Club annual gala. No IU presence at all. Interviewed by local media and commented on the development of Loyer and Furst.

Is it any wonder why IU has little success recruiting guys from this area?

10 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Meanwhile, Painter appeared at the Fort Wayne Boys and Girls Club annual gala. No IU presence at all. Interviewed by local media and commented on the development of Loyer and Furst.

Is it any wonder why IU has little success recruiting guys from this area?

IU has never done particularly well up there.
Lots to complain about, in regards to the program, but I’d rank not attending the Fort Wayne Boys and Girls Club gala as the 15,000,000th most important item.

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

IU has never done particularly well up there.
Lots to complain about, in regards to the program, but I’d rank not attending the Fort Wayne Boys and Girls Club gala as the 15,000,000th most important item.

The gala is not the point. There is never a presence up in this neck of the woods for any events. The FW Alumni Club used to have a golf outing that some coaches would attend, but never from the MBB or Football programs. Knight used to golf the Mad Anthony's charity golf event, but that was 20 years ago. No effort in trying to nurture relationships here. Meanwhile things like the winery event happen every year. 

Shame that the program puts little value on the talent that comes from the area. Enough high Div 1 talent here to make it worth at least trying.

14 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

The gala is not the point. There is never a presence up in this neck of the woods for any events. The FW Alumni Club used to have a golf outing that some coaches would attend, but never from the MBB or Football programs. Knight used to golf the Mad Anthony's charity golf event, but that was 20 years ago. No effort in trying to nurture relationships here. Meanwhile things like the winery event happen every year. 

Shame that the program puts little value on the talent that comes from the area. Enough high Div 1 talent here to make it worth at least trying.

What have Loyer and Furst developed? I don't really think we've missed on much talent at all from the FW area in BASKETBALL. The HS basketball isn't that good there, the lack of recruits show that. I don't want Loyer or Furst. 

Football on the other hand, football is big time. And we HAVE missed on a lot of recruits there. Tons, some I'm not sure we will ever get in on... any kid that goes to Dwenger, for example, and ND offers--- is going to ND. It doesn't matter what Indiana does...

multiple FW kids, in football, have gone to OSU in recent years, as well. We will never win recruiting battles against OSU. 

Luers, Dwenger, Snider, and Homestead are excellent football programs. Others have talent. The FW programs in basketball don't/haven't matched that talent. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What have Loyer and Furst developed? I don't really think we've missed on much talent at all from the FW area in BASKETBALL. The HS basketball isn't that good there, the lack of recruits show that. I don't want Loyer or Furst. 

Football on the other hand, football is big time. And we HAVE missed on a lot of recruits there. Tons, some I'm not sure we will ever get in on... any kid that goes to Dwenger, for example, and ND offers--- is going to ND. It doesn't matter what Indiana does...

multiple FW kids, in football, have gone to OSU in recent years, as well. We will never win recruiting battles against OSU. 

Luers, Dwenger, Snider, and Homestead are excellent football programs. Others have talent. The FW programs in basketball don't/haven't matched that talent. 

Deshaun Thomas to OSU

Malik Williams to Louisville

Nic Moore from Warsaw to SMU

Essegian

Charlie Wills

Chris Kramer, Grady Eifert, Raphael Davis, Loyer, Furst, Swanigan all to Purdue...others going back a ways.

Not all Dwenger kids go to ND if offered. Most recent being Joe Tippman who was drafted last year by the Jets and went to Wisconsin.

Jessie Bates is another prime example of a football kid who was ignored by IU

44 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Deshaun Thomas to OSU

Malik Williams to Louisville

Nic Moore from Warsaw to SMU

Essegian

Charlie Wills

Chris Kramer, Grady Eifert, Raphael Davis, Loyer, Furst, Swanigan all to Purdue...others going back a ways.

Not all Dwenger kids go to ND if offered. Most recent being Joe Tippman who was drafted last year by the Jets and went to Wisconsin.

Jessie Bates is another prime example of a football kid who was ignored by IU

That's not a very good list, man, especially if you have to go back 15-30 years. 

-------------------------

I'll take all the football talent from there..... basketball-- we haven't missed out on much. I also didn't even know Bates was from FW until you just said that, which further reinforces my point. Get more football talent from Fort Wayne!! 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Agree with you, and I live in Fort Wayne.  Girls basketball is excellent here.  Football is really good (don’t forget Carroll).  Boys basketball, other than Homestead once or twice, has been down for a long time.

22 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Agree with you, and I live in Fort Wayne.  Girls basketball is excellent here.  Football is really good (don’t forget Carroll).  Boys basketball, other than Homestead once or twice, has been down for a long time.

Wayne, Carroll, and North Side have been decent at times the past 10 seasons. Problem with high school (like college) these days is kids can pick their schools. So it's hard to keep teams together. FW area has always been an up and down. IU has never recruited that area well for whatever reason. PU and Painter have. 

22 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Wayne, Carroll, and North Side have been decent at times the past 10 seasons. Problem with high school (like college) these days is kids can pick their schools. So it's hard to keep teams together. FW area has always been an up and down. IU has never recruited that area well for whatever reason. PU and Painter have. 

It’s not for whatever reason, and that’s my point. It’s because they don’t put any effort into the area. Painter does. Painter is visible. When Furst’s coach at Blackhawk coached his last game due to cancer, Painter was there. He’s been to multiple events in FW over multiple years. I can’t remember the last time an IU coach made an appearance here. 

57 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Take all 3 of them.

Has anyone heard anything on Haralson?  He seems like the type of kid the staff usually goes heavy after and he is in state as well.

I don’t get the feeling he ends up at Indiana. 

The interesting one is Maleek Thomas to me. Something is there but do we try to take 4 freshman?  

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

No. 14 and the top B1G team, according to College Basketball Report 

UCLA. Don’t forget we are the Really Bug Ten now