Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Brian Walsh Assistant Coach

So after listening to a couple interviews with Brian Walsh I have confidence he will do well recruiting in comparison to Fife. I have no idea how he is as an on the court coach, but I think he will connect much better with the guys IU needs to recruit to be successful. 

He seems like a really likeable dude who will work his a$$ off. 

Woody should've taken the same approach he would've taken as if it was an NBA gig and hired his own staff. It's a bit of a testament to his lack of preparation for college coaching. This is Indiana University basketball. It's not a place you hand over the tri-state territory over to a rookie. Hunter has some cache in the game as developer of bigs all the way back to his time at Georgetown. He's connected from Pittsburgh to the DMV. He's a keeper. Ya's relentless and connected in Georgia. There are a dozen Ya's out there, either way both guys are #3 guys on an elite bench. Fife got himself fired and everyone was bumped up. Not your typical way of getting your first AC gig. This is the cycle we'll see if he's a wunderkind or in way over his ski's. If we wiff on all three of the Elite kids, gotta make a change nefor 2027 gets to far down the road. That's a once a decade class. 

Posted (edited)

Welp.  Hysterics share a story that Brian wanted Ohio State assistant job with Diebler.  Quit the Indiana job then apparently didn’t get the OSU job. Walsh is the Primary Mullins recruiter, maybe Sisley too.  

Clearly, if true and it’s being said this is multi sourced and likely true, this will lead to a frosty bench to some extent and maybe an awkward future.  

I would rather the Hysterics not share this stuff from a recruitng perpspective. Can’t help things. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Welp.  Hysterics share a story that Brian wanted Ohio State assistant job with Diebler.  Quit the Indiana job then apparently didn’t get the OSU job. Walsh is the Primary Mullins recruiter, maybe Sisley too.  

Clearly, if true and it’s being said this is multi sourced and likely true, this will lead to a frosty bench to some extent and maybe an awkward future.  

I would rather the Hysterics not share this stuff from a recruitng perpspective. Can’t help things. 

Wanting to leave an IU assistant job for the same role at OSU?

If true, that’s not a good look for Woody.

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That right there is actively working against the program. I’m not sure any of the major guys would’ve put that out there. Jesus those guys suck.

Not mad at Walsh, that’s just how it goes and the position was presumably an upgrade, but that probably didn’t need to come to light. 

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

There's got to be a way the program can shut these dorks up, cease and desist or something.

If they've got more credible info/gossip like this and continue creating drama, it's just more evidence what a mistake it ever was to do business with them in the first place. And how the way the relationship was severed, was also handled poorly, in a potentially damaging way. There is no reason for them to air dirty laundry like this unless they're comfortable going scorched earth with MBB. 

Sigh. They're annoying like gnats. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

That right there is actively working against the program. I’m not sure any of the major guys would’ve put that out there. Jesus those guys suck.

Not mad at Walsh, that’s just how it goes and the position was presumably an upgrade, but that probably didn’t need to come to light. 

Right. Like, that's pretty embarrassing for Walsh to have out there.

Such butthurt dweebs. 

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wanting to leave an IU assistant job for the same role at OSU?

If true, that’s not a good look for Woody.

Yeah, more layers to this story. 

What was his and Woody’s conversation like?

The way I see it, I hope the way it unfolded, is Walsh saw questions with Woody’s future and was trying to get ahead of it.  

It doesn’t sound like it was for an upgraded position but a lateral position.  

However, he is from Ohio so I’m sure that was a big factor in all this. 

Definitely would seem like a precarious relationship going forward. But who knows. 

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Makes me curious if something like this happened with Adam Howard. Based on following Twitter comments.  Either Way glad we have/kept Howard I think he’s really good in his role and his connections.  

Wait -- I'm a little confused. 

The original post today indicated Walsh wanted to join Diebler at OSU. So he quit IU ... then didn't get the gig in Columbus. 

I guess it's implied that Woody took him back?

All it said was that he quit IU and didn't get the OSU job.

And if that's indeed the case, that was stupid on Walsh's behalf. You don't quit one job for another unless you're sure you have that second gig secured.   

The original post today indicated Walsh wanted to join Diebler at OSU. So he quit IU ... then didn't get the gig in Columbus. 
And if that's indeed the case, that was stupid on Walsh's behalf. You don't quit one job for another unless you're sure you have that second gig secured.   

Yeah, the hysterics didn’t go into the details on Dieblers side besides comparing it to Costanza on Seinfeld. Sounds like he interviewed but wasn’t offered the OSU gig or was mislead to which he “quit” Indiana, then realized he didn’t have the job. Therefore Woody took him back or whatever. Lol. On this episode of the “Indiana Days of our Life”.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wasn't there a similar rumor about Adam Howard after the season? Did that rumor maybe confuse Walsh and Howard? Or am I confused and remembering incorrectly?

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

Wasn't there a similar rumor about Adam Howard after the season? Did that rumor maybe confuse Walsh and Howard? Or am I confused and remembering incorrectly?

Howard was rumored to be going to Michigan but didn’t. Two different situations. 

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Did I miss this rumor in the spring? I’m sure that there’s at least a nugget of truth here because it would be such an outlandish thing to assert otherwise, but I find it almost impossible to believe that it reached the point of Walsh quitting without that stuff ending up all over the place. Feels way more likely that there were some conversations that went only so far and that was the end of it. But even if it is true, those guys utterly suck for breaking the seal and bringing that thing to light now.

17 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Sooo true