Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

27 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Bad news for other B1G teams as Kofi almost single handily keeps Illinois near the top. 

True, and as much as hate to admit it, I actually like him and his demeanor.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyway: 

Do we figure we'll see/hear something from X, Kopp and Geronimo regarding their status for next season? Or at this point, do we just figure they're staying put (X's legal issue nothwithstanding)? 

I'm sort of assuming Bates, Leal, Galloway and Duncomb will be back ... The others, though, seemed maybe a bit unsettled (though I can't imagine Kopp would go to a third school in three years). 

56 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Do we figure we'll see/hear something from X, Kopp and Geronimo regarding their status for next season? Or at this point, do we just figure they're staying put (X's legal issue nothwithstanding)? 

I'm sort of assuming Bates, Leal, Galloway and Duncomb will be back ... The others, though, seemed maybe a bit unsettled (though I can't imagine Kopp would go to a third school in three years). 

We’ve pretty heard Kopp is coming back.  If I were him, I wouldn’t be tweeting it as I think there are some tweetheads that would be brutal to him.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I’m guessing if we hear from any of them it will be JG. Just because I think he’s thinking about it. The other two aren’t even considering it. I think JG knows Seton Hall, UCONN and Providence all are really interested. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m guessing if we hear from any of them it will be JG. Just because I think he’s thinking about it. The other two aren’t even considering it. I think JG knows Seton Hall, UCONN and Providence all are really interested. 

Man I hope he stays. Development from an NBA coach and I know those other universities and we’re better academically and socially than those other schools. I was an out of state kid and went to IU. Leaving family is only momentary. However to each their own. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

How would he know that if he isn’t in the portal? It’s not legal to poach kids/reach out to players not in the portal

12 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

How would he know that if he isn’t in the portal? It’s not legal to poach kids/reach out to players not in the portal

Someone from those programs reach out to his family members and say if JG goes into the portal we’re interested. Not illegal but just that gray area.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Someone from those programs reach out to his family members and say if JG goes into the portal we’re interested. Not illegal but just that gray area.

Should be illegal.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think it is a pretty sad state for college basketball if guys have to announce they staying at their current school.

But I do think whether a player uses his extra Covid year is something that shouldn’t be assumed….that would apply to Kopp and X.