Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Wyoming — Tuesday: NCAA rd of 68 - 9:10pm on TruTV

11 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I'm sure it's already been discussed in this thread, but how epic was Geronimo's block where he just grabbed the ball out of the air?

Upon replay, it looked like he was expecting the ball to be higher and had to reach down slightly for it. That was about as thoroughly blocked as a shot could be. 

I'm sure it's already been discussed in this thread, but how epic was Geronimo's block where he just grabbed the ball out of the air?

Lest we forget Twinkle Toes TJD taking a epic stroll down the lane for 2

Amazing he didn’t get called for that. Well take it!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

IUBB social media touting this, as they always do with this sort of thing. I get it, but it kinda feels ominous, like the committee is going to start going out of its way to pick the biggest names possible for the First Four regardless of whether the teams deserved better. Since we never get the respect we deserve to begin with, this gives me a sinking feeling we're an easy mark in that regard. Probably won't be the last time we see IU in a play-in game.Screenshot_20220316-200458~2.png

22 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Start playing real teams out of conference and finish above .500 in conference and we won't have to worry about it. 

Pretty much. It’s only a concern going forward if we put ourselves in this position again. I can’t be mad about being in the play-in game. We finished 9th in the conference, had a losing conference record, and played a crappy non-conference schedule. Someone’s gotta play in it, and we didn’t do anything to show the committee it shouldn’t have been us. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Its year one. Did you expect a super hard non-SOS??? Comment is a bit prude

I'm talking about future seasons. If we play harder schedules and win more conference games, we shouldn't be anywhere near the play-in games. If we are, we've either scheduled too weak or we simply haven't won enough games. A 25+ win IU team isn't getting sent to Dayton. 

1 hour ago, Vauxhall and IU said:

IUBB social media touting this, as they always do with this sort of thing. I get it, but it kinda feels ominous, like the committee is going to start going out of its way to pick the biggest names possible for the First Four regardless of whether the teams deserved better. Since we never get the respect we deserve to begin with, this gives me a sinking feeling we're an easy mark in that regard. Probably won't be the last time we see IU in a play-in game.Screenshot_20220316-200458~2.png

This is what Rex Chapman was saying last night which is true, CBB is better when Indiana is good. We draw a crowd, more people watch. 

1 hour ago, Whoozhers said:

Including the Pizza Hut free give away Wilson official NCAA basketball.
That ball just ain’t right.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe that’s why nobody could shoot from the IU team.  That’s the primary reason why we only hit two 3’s!  Wink, wink.  Sorry, I wished I knew how to insert a wink emoji 

29 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This is what Rex Chapman was saying last night which is true, CBB is better when Indiana is good. We draw a crowd, more people watch. 

Darn right.  Kid was watching with his buddies in Cabo Mexico, in spanish.  :) 

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yep.
And although Rex played for UK he was really an IU homer  last night. We won a natty when Rex was in college and he obviously admired our program.