Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Wyoming — Tuesday: NCAA rd of 68 - 9:10pm on TruTV

12 hours ago, Vauxhall and IU said:

IUBB social media touting this, as they always do with this sort of thing. I get it, but it kinda feels ominous, like the committee is going to start going out of its way to pick the biggest names possible for the First Four regardless of whether the teams deserved better. Since we never get the respect we deserve to begin with, this gives me a sinking feeling we're an easy mark in that regard. Probably won't be the last time we see IU in a play-in game.Screenshot_20220316-200458~2.png

Double-edged sword.  They could move P5 teams that should be above the cut line into the play in......but at the same time they could move a P5 team that should have been out of the tournament and move them into the first four game for ratings.

Anyone else think that it might not have been a coincidence that Dayton would have been in the first four had Richmond not upset Davidson?  I'm not normally a guy in for conspiracies, but Dayton had 3 quad 4 losses.  I believe the 32 teams selected for at large bids combined for 5.

14 hours ago, Vauxhall and IU said:

IUBB social media touting this, as they always do with this sort of thing. I get it, but it kinda feels ominous, like the committee is going to start going out of its way to pick the biggest names possible for the First Four regardless of whether the teams deserved better. Since we never get the respect we deserve to begin with, this gives me a sinking feeling we're an easy mark in that regard. Probably won't be the last time we see IU in a play-in game.Screenshot_20220316-200458~2.png

I don't doubt the committee will take every chance they can to make the Dayton games appealing. But ultimately, we are the reason we were in Dayton this year, not the committee. Truth be told, any program that the committee would want to put in Dayton to maximize viewership is never playing in Dayton b/c they're way better than that. That's where we need to be.