Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ O$U - 2/21/22 @ 7:00 on FS1-TV

7 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

IMO IU basketball is actually dead if the “IU guy” plan didn’t work out. What will save us now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Let's go pay an above average coach and allow them to play the game. We like to dress things up real pretty without doing what it actually takes to win.

It’s time to blow up the roster! It’s obviously not working with who we have. Even our “good” players can’t be counted on at the end of a game! I’m not even sure TJD was 50% in this game mentally! We literally snatched defeat out of victory again, for who knows how many times in the last 5 years. All we needed was 1 d@mn basket in the final minute of the game, ONE! But no you let a team the was obviously gassed come changing back and blow you out in overtime! This team is just not there and some have been that way for 3 years. No excuse for this one! All that talk about being better this year and wanting it more,smh!

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

IMO IU basketball is actually dead if the “IU guy” plan didn’t work out. What will save us now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This program was dead when it was forced to hire a 60+ Year old alumni. I really like Woodson but there is a 0% chance that he gets us where we’d like to be. He’s too old and he’s shown some real ineptitude during these last 5 games. MAJOR red flags. We made another massively poor decision. The team and program doesn’t deserve the fan support it’s had. We deserve better to be honest. Every year we show up and spend our time and money to support this program to continually get these results. It’s exhausting. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Have we tried hiring a good basketball coach. By my count we hired one since knight and we chased him off faster than the ones who couldn’t coach 

You watched Sampson. He’s no different than Woodson—good defense, mind numbing awful offense. He recruits athletes though. 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

This program was dead when it was forced to hire a 60+ Year old alumni. I really like Woodson but there is a 0% chance that he gets us where we’d like to be. He’s too old and he’s shown some real ineptitude during these last 5 games. MAJOR red flags. We made another massively poor decision. The team and program doesn’t deserve the fan support it’s had. We deserve better to be honest. Every year we show up and spend our time and money to support this program to continually get these results. It’s exhausting. 

If Woodson can’t get it done then it’s going to take a Brad Stevens hire to even get the alumni to support. Indiana Basketball is on life support. 

Maybe Woody can lead the boys the the first ever tournament championship? 

Have we tried hiring a good basketball coach. By my count we hired one since knight and we chased him off faster than the ones who couldn’t coach 
I really think with Archie they thought that is what they were doing just didn't pan out. Crean was another guy who nobody could have said for certain would fail. He had iu Rollin but ultimately wasn't good. Woodson was definitely a prayer. Davis was a prayer almost won a championship. But yea we need a proven winner for sure if Woodson fails. No more prayers

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Let's go pay an above average coach and allow them to play the game. We like to dress things up real pretty without doing what it actually takes to win.

If we really were going to give Brad Stevens $10 million I don’t believe we couldn’t have thrown $6-7 million at a marque guy to entice them to leave their school for us. I don’t know if I believe the narratives, but if I do, we went Stevens 1 and then Woody 2. That’s… not great. 

If Woodson can’t get it done then it’s going to take a Brad Stevens hire to even get the alumni to support. Indiana Basketball is on life support. 

Maybe Woody can lead the boys the the first ever tournament championship? 
Not this squad. Hopefully next year or year after

Yup. He needed to strike gold quickly at his age and lack of experience.

Recruits will care less and less about him having coached in the NBA when they Know he doesn’t win at the college level. And boom, momentum will be gone. Heck, recruiting hasn’t been that great anyway. He gets 3 years no matter what, unless he gets sick of it all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, coonhounds said:

Not this squad. Hopefully next year or year after

I think 2024 we have a shot again to be good. Next year we’ll be down again, worse than this year though.

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

You watched Sampson. He’s no different than Woodson—good defense, mind numbing awful offense. He recruits athletes though. 

Sampson is a phenomenal coach. I wholeheartedly believe we’d have another banner here if we had kept him. But, the administration didn’t like how he did things, and we’ve had over a decade of mediocrity since then. 

2 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

Woodson, Fife, Matta,etc should be making a difference, realize they can’t shoot the ball but I don’t see us playing smart and that is mostly coaching.

How did Matta win those Big 1.o championships? He had a "recruiter" land those players and won with talent.

Yup. He needed to strike gold quickly at his age and lack of experience.

Recruits will care less and less about him having coached in the NBA when they Know he doesn’t win at the college level. And boom, momentum will be gone. Heck, recruiting hasn’t been that great anyway. He gets 3 years no matter what, unless he gets sick of it all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
We need better bag men giving out nil money to companies for fake deals

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

That's complete BS!  Sampson teams had great offense!

Lol…. So good when they played real competition in the tourney they averaged about 63pts a game including a whopping 59 in their loss to Baylor. He’s not a good offensive coach unless you love 1 on 1 pg play.