Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pulling out all the stops.  Another one of those, “if we don’t land him, we did all we could”. 

I think we will want/need a 3/4 player sized freshman class and 3 or so transfers. We miss our primary targets that money gets earmarked to the portal and so long as we have a a solid season, there isn’t too much too worry about in recruiting until the NIL dries up. 

Haralson, Mullins, Reibe sounds great.  And Sisley if he wants in.  

Would love to add Tiller to the group 

On 9/4/2024 at 10:19 AM, Demo said:

The staff is 4 deep at La Lumiere right now for Haralson, per Rabby.

This isn’t a knock on Haralson specifically but rather recruiting in general…. 
I don’t know how coaches do it.  Develop a relationship since the kid was 14, offer him 500k-750k-1mm  or whatever it is, host him for the weekend and then you have to visit him yet again a couple of days after the official visit? 

I’d rather have a job cleaning port a pots at a concert, by hand, than be a college recruiter.

16 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I don’t know how coaches do it.  Develop a relationship since the kid was 14, offer him 500k-750k-1mm  or whatever it is, host him for the weekend and then you have to visit him yet again a couple of days after the official visit? 

I’d rather have a job cleaning port a pots at a concert, by hand, than be a college recruiter.

Have you seen port a pots at a concert?? I'll take the recruiting!

49 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

So much silliness- what does having all 4 coaches there actually accomplish? "Look how much we care, we have 4 people in the same room with you!!" 

Not sure I'd take the port-a-potty job instead though! 

14 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

So much silliness- what does having all 4 coaches there actually accomplish? "Look how much we care, we have 4 people in the same room with you!!" 

Not sure I'd take the port-a-potty job instead though! 

While it is silly, it is definitely noticed by recruits