Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

2 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

Channel 4 and my wife outside adjusting the antenna with me screaming instructions out the window.Being close to Louisville it had to be perfect to get a signal.

The good old days.

I’ve been thinking about this and wished that BTN would allow for multiple broadcast with each team having their own broadcast. Like NBA/MLB etc. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d pay for that service like I do for MLB network. Would be a lot better than Bardo who could just go to Illinois games all season. 

2 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I’ve been thinking about this and wished that BTN would allow for multiple broadcast with each team having their own broadcast. Like NBA/MLB etc. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d pay for that service like I do for MLB network. Would be a lot better than Bardo who could just go to Illinois games all season. 

BTN barely pays for one crew to cover the game, there's no way they're paying for two crews. If they did do that, they would just have the students do it for free like BTN+. That's why I've been streaming Fisch and (insert Suhr here) the past couple years for basketball and football.

(P.S. Go Mike Woodson!)

6 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Whose families had the foam IU brick to throw? My grandfather did....

My family had multiple bricks.  

Edit: And just saw keeping on topic....so I think we keep Lander, Franklin, and Trayce.  Durham is gone to Providence.  I think Race and Geronimo try to get closer to home.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hey guys, all  this reminiscing is close to my heart as well, but we really need to keep this thread focused on Woody.  Feel free to start a new thread and enjoy.

But I brought this up saying that this is why we needed to go back to an IU guy so it is talking about why Woodson is needed.

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No one dared calling our house during a game. My dad would lose it on them. Yes this was my childhood too. I think that’s why I like this hire so much. He gets it, he lived it.

Yup, when the phone rang during a game, I cringed because I knew the person on the other end should have known better.

Good times...

24 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You know what is a travesty?  Mike Woodson had been on the job less than a week, has probably barely watched film on TJD, and is able to identify "hey, this guy needs to develop his right hand".  (Something said on these forums as well).  Where on earth was our development the past few years?

I’d really recommend the Fisch interview that quote is from. Woody’s always learning and growing as a coach, willing to admit he doesn’t know it all and adapt.

Mentions liking having interchangeable 6’6”-6’7”+ guys to switch on defense, learning to love the three, putting shooters around stars...all encouraging.

Personally, having watched IU play too many waterbug guards and too few rangy forwards for years, the size/athleticism emphasis is music to my ears.