Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Flashback:

For any of you that watched that phone interview of the two radio guys in Boston from a few days ago, when the soundbite was, “I am not.”

Today, at some point, that over-ripe butterball who led the interview is going to crap his pants, and glad none of us will be there for the shrapnel. 

One source of entertainment will be the crows sticking out of the mouths of talking heads as this becomes reality: I am talking to you

Tim Brando (he is like an embodiment of polyester, dated)

Jay Bilas

Seth Greenburg

Jeff “chipmunk” Goodman

Jon Rothstein

Matt Norlander

and on...

2 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

I think now is as good as time as any to play "what ever happened to?", especially considering some old faces made a brief visit this week when HSN shut down.

For those of you newer to this site and community, most of us started on the old scout.com forum (which I believe became 24/7). We then moved to the original Hoosier Sports Nation board, which looked just like this. BtownBanners started up some time later and some folks gravitated there from HSN, and HSN went through a bit of a makeover. The old scout/HSN crew split in different directions between the two sites, with some obviously being present on both. I decided on BtownBanners primarily because of its familiarity to the old HSN layout. HSN was led by milehi, ColonialCrester, and HoosierFaithful seems to still be running things (remember him with his RFK avatar). CCGeneral and others were here. There is still the rivals crowd, which is the worst due to the cross-contamination of other schools' rivals forums. Not sure who is still on 24/7 (peegs), but I see some old handles on HSN like Badgervol, Parakeet Jones, Indykev, and the guy with the V for Vendetta avatar. 

Milehi, ColonialCrester and CCGeneral all passed away recently. I saw on rivals that Snowling also just unfortunately passed...

For a while we had GoColts (Old Friend) here, but I guess he got banned or is under another handle?

Going way back, does anyone know what happened to oggyiu? 

And another guy that I randomly remember was TakeMeBackto1987 who was a huge Maurice Creek fan. Is he still around or did he follow Creek to GW?

Half the family tree, seemingly.  I was on Peegs right around it being born out of IIRC (or something like that) and before it went to Rivals, I think.  I started around ‘96 or so prolly. Memory is very fuzzy on the evolution there.

I remember Gojko, Kurt Cloverdale, DCGeneral, McNutt76, Gerdis, Happy Goat, and a whole bunch of other peeps whose handles I only partially remember.

The Hoosier diaspora is ready to be brought home...but only one coach can do that now.  

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Well I am only going to enjoy this ride if it is going one way if it goes the other not so much lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Understandable. I’m definitely being a pumper, but it does feel different this time around. Even if Stevens isn’t the outcome, I feel good about where Dolson’s head seems to be as far as what this program needs and how he’s going to get it. Let’s not forget there is more than one great candidate.  Nowhere to go but up! 

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes preferably by noon eastern tired of waiting. Ready to celebrate

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s on sports line, but I can’t find the actually updated one, only the original one that came out Monday