Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I'm not one to get my nose out of joint over players entering the portal, but there's no way IU can afford to just sit and leave the position vacant until late May. At that point it would be nearly impossible to put together any sort of roster for the coming season. I'm fine with sacrificing 2021-22 for the long term greater good, but you at least have to be able to field a team... 

Edited by IU Prof

I'm not one to get my nose out of joint over players entering the portal, but there's no way IU can afford to just sit and leave the position vacant until late May. At that point it would be nearly impossible to put together any sort of roster for the coming season. I'm fine with sacrificing 2021-33 for the long term greater good, but you at least have to be able to field a team... 

You want to sacrifice 12 years????

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

I actually believe Yeagley and Chris have heard things as they have posted. Now i have idea if the Stevens side is all Masshole and their people are overly optimistic or if something is brewing. 

Hearing really good things from the IU side does not necessarily mean that other side is an interested so till the press conference we wait. If it happens great. If not I am cool and think we needed a change. 

I also believe that they've heard things. The people telling them these things probably believe what they're saying. What I've seen during recruiting is that the sources tend to be very optimistic. It becomes a game of telephone of passing information from one optimistic person to another to another. It goes from "we made a great pitch and have a great chance" to the last person saying "it's a lock and we have a silent verbal." Then he announces for Purdue. I think we're seeing some of the same here. 

I greatly appreciate everyone who knows anyone close to or inside the athletic department passing on the information they hear. I just take it with a huge grain of salt and don't think anything is a done deal until one of the parties makes it public themselves.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

If IU does in fact have a deal with Stevens in place then I would think he won’t be announced until the season is over or the Celtics fall out of the playoff race. The longer this goes the better.

The only thing if this happens then it really would hurt our recruiting and keeping our players.  Also our fan base would also be all in straight jackets