Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

IU fans being IU fans... taking an interview and building it up to be something it isnt

I have been on many interviews and have failed at most of them.  Not really sure what you are implying but my last last one Landed me the best job opportunity I've ever had.

I looked at the stats for Butler under  Stevens and notice they were never in the top 100 in s coring average.  They were in the bottom half in 2PA and 2PM and their shooting percentage was not great.  It seemed like they always had great defensive stats and the most important stat is winning percentage.

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at the stats for Butler under  beard and notice they were never in the top 100 in s coring average.  They were in the bottom half in 2PA and 2PM and their shooting percentage was not great.  It seemed like they always had great defensive stats and the most important stat is winning percentage.

Assuming your'e talking about Butler under Stevens (not Beard), they were consistently in the 40s for Kenpom adjO. I'd say that's pretty good for a Horizon league (at the time) program.

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep Fred glass will always be viewed as a failure despite what he did for football, Soccer, women’s basketball and baseball.  Basketball defines an IU AD. Might not be fair but it’s how it is 

Exactly. Just as the Alabama AD would be considered a failure if he's managed everything excellent except the football program, Indiana AD would be a failure if the all the other 23 sports are managed excellently except men's basketball.  

Edited by akumanina

1 minute ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Maybe it's my Cream n Crimson fan googles, but it seems local, perhaps regional and even the national media are seemingly rooting for Brad to IU? Am I wrong?

From my view point, it looks like most national folk believe Indiana isn’t what it is and we should hire a Knight guy. 

Local guys are pushing for Stevens.

It really appears to be a Steve’s, Beard, Belien, and Drew conversation. 

5 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Maybe it's my Cream n Crimson fan googles, but it seems local, perhaps regional and even the national media are seemingly rooting for Brad to IU? Am I wrong?

ps.. my current "points" on this board is the mark of the Beast..help, I don't wanna bring any bad juju!!

I don’t know if they’re rooting for it, but you know they’re rooting for the best story. And Stevens at IU would be the biggest story in CBB since Cal went to UK.

Well with everyone else I’ll join in.  Started with a few of these guys back during the old scout days before Sampson was let go.  Traveled through the various iterations and sites and most recently HSN.

Funny I created an account on here back in 2014 according to my profile yet it appears I never posted.  This thread warranted my first here and you should all feel special for being a part of it lol.

Oh and personally not expecting Brad but will keep the faith!

1 hour ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Can't say it any better, if your thinking Beilien......then to me Matta is the better option if we go down that far.  Barring he is healthy now, hell he's only 53 years old and same pedigree as Beilein.

True, Beliein is old, but Matta's nose though! I realize it is petty to mention it, but his nose is so gigantic that is probably what caused his back problems. It's like a giant potato grew out of his face. 

Come to think of it, have you ever seen Karl Malden and Thad Matta in the same place at the same time? 

For ****s sake, can you people stop posting for awhile so I can catch up?!  ****, I have **** to do most of the day and don't have the time to read through all these ******* posts!  Thank you!
No kidding. I had aegion meeting for a couple hours. Get home and see 300 posts

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

I don’t know if they’re rooting for it, but you know they’re rooting for the best story. And Stevens at IU would be the biggest story in CBB since Cal went to UK.

considering how foolish they would look if Dolson did somehow get Brad, I'm pretty sure most of them are rooting against it.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

For ****s sake, can you people stop posting for awhile so I can catch up?!  ****, I have **** to do most of the day and don't have the time to read through all these ******* posts!  Thank you!

We are pushing the Stevens agenda! 

BRAD ********** STEVENS!!

Just now, Treesh said:

We are pushing the Stevens agenda! 

BRAD ********** STEVENS!!

I'm all for getting BRAD ******* STEVENS!!  I'm not so stoked about reading through 500 pages a night trying to catch up.  Take it to Twitter and Facebook to push him out of Boston!

11 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

True, Beliein is old, but Matta's nose though! I realize it is petty to mention it, but his nose is so gigantic that is probably what caused his back problems. It's like a giant potato grew out of his face. 

Come to think of it, have you ever seen Karl Malden and Thad Matta in the same place at the same time? 

bastard sons of Jimmy Durante...

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at the stats for Butler under  Stevens and notice they were never in the top 100 in s coring average.  They were in the bottom half in 2PA and 2PM and their shooting percentage was not great.  It seemed like they always had great defensive stats and the most important stat is winning percentage.

they came within a shot of beating Duke with a bunch of guys Coach K would never have recruited. That's all I needed to see.