Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

It seems most likely to me that the person who should be embarrassed is the guy at Rivals who printed the rumor, not IU

Yes, to a degree he/they should. Also, they likely aren’t fabricating this story out of thin air. They are trying to report facts as they find them. That’s on IU to tidy things up.

Do you believe the story is true?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Chris, I have to ask...do you think Dolson has totally moved on from Stevens, or is he gonna make another push? Sure seems like he probably got a firm no.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What this tells me is that options 1 thru 5 all said 'No' (Stevens, Donovan, Bennett, Beard, Few) 

I was rooting for Matta, because I assumed the options above would say NO, Matta's impeccable record speaks for itself.

Where we go now.......Altman, Beilein, Musselman, Moser?

Whose options? BtownBanners or Dolson? You have no idea what his options are.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anoter thing that I’m probably looking into too much but notable. The athletic Dept was lightning quick to dispel the Matta rumors but did not and have yet to do the same regarding ANY of the Stevens rumors. Worrisome. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Archie Miller was never a "great young coach." His success at Dayton was overblown, his offense was terrible and got worse every year he was there, and the perception of him was heavily influenced by him being the brother of a successful coach at Arizona. 

We can all look back into the past from the present and be right. But at the time Archie was hired he was considered a rising star by nearly everyone who is anyone. You can deny that all you want. 

Archie Miller was never a "great young coach." His success at Dayton was overblown, his offense was terrible and got worse every year he was there, and the perception of him was heavily influenced by him being the brother of a successful coach at Arizona. 
His brother is clearly a cheat in the biggest way. Also ncaa results wise would be murdered by our fan base including me. He has bought enough talent he should have delivered by now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes, to a degree he/they should. Also, they likely aren’t fabricating this story out of thin air. They are trying to report facts as they find them. That’s on IU to tidy things up.

Do you believe the story is true?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe he posted it in good faith but might not have been following journalistic best practices (two or more sources). And/or his source(s) are bad.

I don’t believe it’s true. It sure seems like Dolson or intermediaries have talked to lots of folks, more folks than I would imagine are actually on his shortlist. Biding time until Beard and later Muss can talk, I’d guess.

Never. Trust. Sources.
If that's not apparent at this point, I don't know what to say. People are flinging crap against the wall just to see what sticks. Bottom line is this. Only 2 people know for sure what's going down, and that's Scott Dolson, and the coach he's in negotiations with. Period. This has passed the point of speculation and crossed into utter stupidity. 
Thisgiphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7m7qurbm8lxrh7txgwu83juh5l360r2sd8asxvqvb&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Looks to me like everyone needs to take a chill pill.  IU is going to get a good coach.  Will it be the right coach?  Guys hires like this don't come with guarantees.  What is it they say about investing - past performance doesn't necessarily mean future success or something like this.  We don't know who is being interviews.  We don't know what questions are being asked.  We don't know what the potential coach is answering.  Only the AD and whoever he chooses to involve in the process know those things.  We, as fans, are well over our pay grade if we are trying to make those decisions for the program - based on what?  This is going to be a chemistry hire, at least I hope.  Lack of experience can be overcome.  Look at Howard at Michigan, A GREAT HIRE.  Sometimes it takes a coach time to get his act together.  Look at Poser at Loyola.  He has the chemistry going there but will it translate to elsewhere?  I don't know and you don't either.  Based on his record Archie looked like a good hire.  He wasn't.  As I said there are plenty of good coaches out there that know the Xs and Os but do they fit the IU culture?  Do they have the thick skin and confidence that will allow them the resist the unique pressure at IU?  sit tight folks this is going to work out.  It is just going to take some time.

Last thought on Brad Stevens.  IF he agreed to come before Archie was fired and then changed his mind, I think he blew any chance to ever get the IU job.  Relationships are built on trust and that is gone.  IF the rumors are true.

I now return you to the debate over the arrival of our next savior.